Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA - TC Electronic Polytune Clip £26 on Amazon

What's Hot

Comments

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited September 2018
    Neat, thanks for the tip-off!
    Anyone know whats with the price drop on several TC pedals? Hof2, Flashback2, Dreamscape...
    Are TC about to release a bunch of new things or a new something that makes them all less desirable?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adamski said:
    clarkefan said:
    Just curious, do people find these work on stage? Not a dig at TC, just wondering if clip-ons in general work with everything else going on as reliably as eg a TU-3.
    I’d probably use a pedalboard tuner on stage but the on board display IS very bright. 

For home though it’s amazing 
    The Clip is fairly easily knocked off. Wouldn’t take much to send it flying on a gig. In theory they could also pick up other vibrations ( if you needed to tune mid song it might be over ridden by the bass for example). 
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, they work on vibration, so how useful are they on stage with other instruments giving it some?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    I just subbed to one of the magazines - £26 for 6 months and got a PolyTune clip and a pack of Elixir 10s with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveF said:
    I just subbed to one of the magazines - £26 for 6 months and got a PolyTune clip and a pack of Elixir 10s with it. 
    Which one @SteveF ;
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5140
    SteveF said:
    Which one @SteveF ;
    Gardeners Weekly?  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefan said:
    Adamski said:
    clarkefan said:
    Just curious, do people find these work on stage? Not a dig at TC, just wondering if clip-ons in general work with everything else going on as reliably as eg a TU-3.
    I’d probably use a pedalboard tuner on stage but the on board display IS very bright. 

For home though it’s amazing 
    The Clip is fairly easily knocked off. Wouldn’t take much to send it flying on a gig. In theory they could also pick up other vibrations ( if you needed to tune mid song it might be over ridden by the bass for example). 
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, they work on vibration, so how useful are they on stage with other instruments giving it some?
    I've used one on my acoustic for a couple of years. Best headstock tuner I've owned and works flawlessly live  
  • tone1 said:
    SteveF said:
    Which one @SteveF ;
    Gardeners Weekly?  :)
    Something from the top shelf?

SteveF said:
    Which one @SteveF ;
    I did Total Guitar - not my favourite, but the offer was a bargain.  I think I'll just cancel after the 6 months.  Guitar Techniques is doing it too, but at £36.  Still a bargain for the tuner, Elixir Strings and 6 months of GT. 
  • Still available at £26 at Gear4You. Just bought one.

Checked Amazon out after seeing this thread as I have a white one and fancied another if the price was right.  Preferred a black one though.  Chuffed to see the black was available at the same price but then irritated to realise you have to have Prime.

It's source of constant annoyance given how much shit I buy from Amazon that I can't buy anything without being hassled to join Prime.  Every time you confirm an order  they try to steer you to join, to the point that you have to be careful not to join accidentally.  I wasn't willing to join Prime and was a little miffed if I had to settle for my second preference so I googled the tuner and found it at Gear4You.
    I guess you mean Gear4Music. Gear4You is a site for buying steroids!
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Bluebeard said:
    Still available at £26 at Gear4You. Just bought one.

Checked Amazon out after seeing this thread as I have a white one and fancied another if the price was right.  Preferred a black one though.  Chuffed to see the black was available at the same price but then irritated to realise you have to have Prime.

It's source of constant annoyance given how much shit I buy from Amazon that I can't buy anything without being hassled to join Prime.  Every time you confirm an order  they try to steer you to join, to the point that you have to be careful not to join accidentally.  I wasn't willing to join Prime and was a little miffed if I had to settle for my second preference so I googled the tuner and found it at Gear4You.
    That’s a different kind of ‘tuning up’ 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5446
    That's my black one just arrived, next day delivery to north of Scotland. That's one reason why I use Prime.

First thoughts? It's very neat, the display is fab and the fact it flips over automatically if you go from front to rear of headstock is a great feature. One problem though... the clip doesn't feel very tight, the unit slips around if I move the guitar around which is something my cheaper clip on tuners don't do.

• DiscoStu said:
    That's my black one just arrived, next day delivery to north of Scotland. That's one reason why I use Prime.

First thoughts? It's very neat, the display is fab and the fact it flips over automatically if you go from front to rear of headstock is a great feature. One problem though... the clip doesn't feel very tight, the unit slips around if I move the guitar around which is something my cheaper clip on tuners don't do.

My current one even before my son damaged it is like that. If you knock it will ping across the room. Not a problem at home but it’s why I wouldn’t gig with it. 
    In theory a new black one should be with me today. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2589
    edited September 2018
    Bluebeard said:
    Still available at £26 at Gear4You. Just bought one.

Yep Gear4Music. Careless typo.

I use the Polytune clip for gigs.  Never had any problems. 

I think the first player I saw use a clip on at a gig was Jonathan Kreisberg.  If it's accurate enough for him it's accurate enough for me.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Mine came. I have learned two things:

1. Every clip on tuner I have had to date is now officially categorised as “utter shit”
    2. My fretless intonation is appalling 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6767
    i bought one as well, i won one on here in an FB Raffle and gave to it the eldest lad so thought i would treat myself 
    Cool, that one was from an Amazon deal as well! I ordered one, and got 1 (large) box (containing 8). Gave a few away for free to help Amazons tax return claims.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4290
    edited September 2018
    The new team of TC Amazon bargains has arrived

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The new team of TC Amazon bargains has arrived

I really ought to get a mini spark
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited September 2018
    Hang on a minute where are all the posts saying folks buying from Amazon are personally destroying the local Guitar shops, I though this was the fretboard forum!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The TC Behringer pedals series seem rather cheap at the moment on there too
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom