Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

eh?

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    tFB Trader
    QUE ???????????
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    edited September 2018
    new 'Whiteguard' Strat from Fender....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The much-missed Luuuke knocked one of those up in Photoshop years ago on Intermusic.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    edited September 2018
    Looks like the new Fender whiteguard strat from the Parallel Universe series.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/telecaster/fender-american-whiteguard-strat-mn-vbl ;

It's OK, I think it only looks wrong because we have become used to seeing conventional strats and teles. This could have been the norm in the 50's if Leo decided only 'upgrade' the body of the tele.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10342
    tFB Trader
    I really like that ... I'd have one!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5412
    Everyone has already forgotten about the “Pawn Shop” series I see... these seem to be based on some of those wacky ideas except MIA instead of MIJ. 

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-pawn-shop-70s-stratocaster-deluxe-573744
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Got the Fender email about this earlier. It says it has "Custom Shop '51 Jazzmaster Nocaster Pickups"

New one on me. 

• p_jay78p_jay78 Frets: 182
    That looks much better than its misshapen sibling...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    have we stepped back a decade?
  • Looks great! I’d buy one at the right price.
  • I really like the look ( says the man with a Pawnshop 51) . Fender have done custom shop versions before and there are a lot of partscaster strateles out there ( such as Wez's). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    edited September 2018
    Alterlifeson said:

It's OK, I think it only looks wrong because we have become used to seeing conventional strats and teles. This could have been the norm in the 50's if Leo decided only 'upgrade' the body of the tele.
    If Leo had decided to upgrade it, it would still have looked much more like the Strat we know - it wouldn't have retained the three-saddle bridge, or the metal control plate, and the pickguard and headstock would have been restyled.

Evidence: '51 P-Bass vs. '57 P-Bass.

I just think it looks like another scraping of the barrel... but I agree it's less bad than the Strat with no top horn.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10342
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Alterlifeson said:

If Leo had decided to upgrade it, it would still have looked much more like the Strat we know - it wouldn't have retained the three-saddle bridge, or the metal control plate, and the pickguard and headstock would have been restyled.

Evidence: '51 P-Bass vs. '57 P-Bass.

I just think it looks like another scraping of the barrel... but I agree it's less bad than the Strat with no top horn.
    I agree in part ... but for those mental cases like me who prefer a three saddle Tele bridge to a six, and the idiot proof Tele control layout ... but who would like a bit more comfort contouring ... I think that ticks a few boxes. 
    I had a 70s hard tail Strat come in for pickup work a couple of years ago ... it'd been fitted with a Tele neck, and looked the business (aside from weighing as much as a small planet).  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    WezV said:
    have we stepped back a decade?
    Good point.  These are nothing new, Warmoth have been making them for years, and before that Fender had certainly made a few examples of the Tele with Strat hardware, if not the Strat with Tele hardware.

I like the Tele-shaped Strat, it would balance a bit differently without the extended upper horn, which I think might appeal to me.  It looks a bit ropey in sunburst though, draws too much attention to the upper bout.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Stellycaster?
    prowla said:
    Stellycaster?
    I always went with Stratele, but not sure who coined it first.
  • 57Deluxe said:
    One of my fellow guitar teachers put together a parts caster just like this a few years ago.  Everybody that sees it wants one(including me).

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

here is one of mine in its current guise

Some that are not mine

@philking

@felineguitars

Chris fleming

waterslide guitars

and many more...