Seymour Duncan pickup for Vigier Excalibur bridge

Hi,

I have a Vigier Excalibur, mirrored pickguard, HSH that came with SH-5 / SSL6 / TB-5 pickups.

The bridge pickup is badly corroded (the coils) and sounds much lower output / thinner than the other pickups.  That said I have read other discussions where people have complained about new examples also sounding thin.

This example is an all alder body with an all maple bolt on neck.

The pickguard design only allows the Seymour Duncan 3-hole footed pickups to be used.  The guard is fragile and cannot (as far as I can tell) be drilled.  It seems very expensive and hassle ridden to get a new custom guard made with normally positioned holes for pickups.

I'm after a very round, warm yet high output pickup.  My favourite bridge pickup is the PRS HFS which I have in both my CE-24 and in my Suhr (Rasmus) Modern.

Any advice on what pickup to go for....or clever ways to get around the pickguard limitation?

By the way I have a Suhr SSH+ and Suhr SSV and a Suhr Doug Aldrich neck pickup all available to trade.

Thanks,
Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• For the tones you describe, within the Duncan TB range, I would go for either the Custom Custom or the Custom 5. 

I am very fond of the Perpetual Burn model but it may not be appropriate for your instrument. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom