Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devin Townsend.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited September 2018
    Ocean Machine is special ... amazing atmospheres and wall of sound production. Interesting fact: the snare sound on that album was sampled from Sad But True...specifically the first hit before the main riff enters. 
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Kitsune said:
    I love Heavy Devy, but I don't really listen to his music much or really like it. I think I've got City, Infinity and Ocean Machine though. I also like the fact he's turning into Wilko Johnson.
    Saw him present the Metal Hammer awards a few years back and he was hilarious. However his music has never grabbed me. Gene Hoglan is a better riff writer. 
  • He's worth watching live just for the banter
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    For a bit of variety, the Casualties of Cool album has some excellent stuff - my friend described it as "spacey country" which sums it up quite nicely. Not what you'd call heavy though...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNlLqvZPfI8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Reverend said:
    Kitsune said:
    I love Heavy Devy, but I don't really listen to his music much or really like it. I think I've got City, Infinity and Ocean Machine though. I also like the fact he's turning into Wilko Johnson.
    Saw him present the Metal Hammer awards a few years back and he was hilarious. However his music has never grabbed me. Gene Hoglan is a better riff writer. 
    His guitar rig talkthrough is good too. "its because I'm a whore!"
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    That Casualties Of Cool album is brilliant. The perfect album to chill out to.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    I just bought Accelerated Evolution on the strength of Deadhead. It’s got some great tracks on it, Deadhead is definitely the standout. I have to say though, it’s got the worst recorded snare drum sound I think I’ve ever heard. 
  • Dopesick said:
    That Casualties Of Cool album is brilliant. The perfect album to chill out to.
    Agreed. Would like to see him do another of these. Excellent live too
  • I'm an enormous fan of his. I was lucky to see his Retinal Circus show back in 2012 and even got to shake his hand. He's really the only 'heavy' music artist that interests me right now. Or at least, has blown me away. 

• I do like a bit of Heavy Devy's stuff, but I tend to listen to it more because I'm a massive Anneke fanboy. 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    edited September 2018
    tae be or not tae be
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Not a huge fan of his music, but as an interviewee or vlogger he is a very articulate and entertaining person to listen to.