To swap or not to swap (necks)?

What's Hot
I have 2 Teles. My #1 is having some upgrades starting with a respray from SC Relics. So I'll be using my #2 for the c.3 months it'll be away. Problem is I don't like the neck on #2.  I have to take the #1's neck off anyway to send the body to Scott. So do I install it onto the #2 body temporarily to have a more familiar feeling guitar until #1's body comes back?
#1 is this, and #2 is a '94 American Standard
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72243
    If it fits - which it should - then there's no reason you can't. Just make sure the US Standard has the neck tilt backed out fully before you do, if it isn't already. I would probably take the adjustment screw out completely, otherwise it may rattle.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    ICBM said:
    If it fits - which it should - then there's no reason you can't. Just make sure the US Standard has the neck tilt backed out fully before you do, if it isn't already. I would probably take the adjustment screw out completely, otherwise it may rattle.
    And where is the adjustment screw? I can't see it...(+wis btw)
    And my mistake - it's an American Special
    drpbier said:
    And my mistake - it's an American Special
    Are you sure it's a '94? I'm pretty sure that's a later model - as far as I remember it was only the USA Standard, Plus and Deluxe up to 2000.

The neck tilt is an Allen key screw reached through the small hole in the neck plate, if it has one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

The Fender serial lookup returns "LIMITED EDITION '94 AMERICAN SPECIAL TELE®, ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD, BLONDE". OK, I see the hole in the neck plate. Thanks, I'll remove that before taking the neck off
    I must be wrong on that then!

The Allen key should be the 1/8" one that you use for the truss rod, it should only just go through the hole.

Thanks, all good!