Challenge?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @poopot - sure you’ll do yours in the best possible taste...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    @poopot - sure you’ll do yours in the best possible taste...
    As long as it’s waterproof I’ll be fine!... ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopot said:
    @poopot - sure you’ll do yours in the best possible taste...
    As long as it’s waterproof I’ll be fine!... ;)
    All over poly finish then?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    WezV said:
    Roland said:
    TTony said:
    For some reason, I thought Mr @Roland was going to be caretaking this (per our other discussions).
    ... and I thought that @WezV was orchestrating it on the basis that we keep Moderation separate from content contribution. I’m happy to do it if Wez is too busy with other things.
    i think its clear we all got our wires crossed in that conversation.   

I am happy to organise a challenge, but may not have time to take part with a full guitar build.   I shared my idea with you all, but didn't really get much feedback.   

Build an item of Musical Equipment from a Kit.   
    • Announce the challenge at the start of September, due to start 1st October.  
    • Kits can be purchased during September.
    • On the 1st of October all entrants post a picture of the kit and start their builds threads.  
    • Finish date is 30th November
    • Vote for winner starts on 1st December for one week (survey monkey or similar)
    • The vote question should be "Which build thread have you found most entertaining? - Survey monkey or similar
    • A small Accessory pack style prize for the winner.  I would happily put something together for the first one
    @wezV - I'm happy with the suggestion.

I'd only suggest finishing at end-Dec, just so that some people who need holiday time to get stuff done will likely have some holiday time over Xmas/NY break.

And happy for you to lead it / support it and not necessarily take part in it!  Let me know if you need modmin support to create stickies (etc) in the M&M section.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    Having raised the topic, ironically I may have to sit this one out as I already have too many guitars and to build a cheap kit would admittedly be good fun, but a bit pointless as chances are I'd never play it......Ill see what the challenge actually is and go from there.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• WezVWezV Frets: 16635
    paulnb57 said:
    Having raised the topic, ironically I may have to sit this one out as I already have too many guitars and to build a cheap kit would admittedly be good fun, but a bit pointless as chances are I'd never play it......Ill see what the challenge actually is and go from there.....
    I will sort out an opening post in the next few days... but it doesn’t have to be a guitar kit, just a piece of musical equipment.

Oh...ok....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• I would like to get involved. I don't frequently come into this bit of the forum, so if someone could tag me when it kicks off I'd be really grateful.
  • Hmm, I've just bought a kit, dunno if I can hold off until October 1st to start on it though!
    edited September 2018
    Hmm, I've just bought a kit, dunno if I can hold off until October 1st to start on it though!
    The timescales and rules are kinda flexible.

I’m not going to force you to take a pic of the kit next to the days newspaper.

we are doing it for for and entertainment... not to argue over the rules for 3 months 

start a thread and include it in the challenge... details are in the stickied thread 
  • OK then, I think I will. It’s not the most interesting of projects, but it’ll be good to be part of a wider thing.
    edited September 2018
    @WezV ;Am I allowed to source individual parts to form my own kit of parts? I'm ready to make my first guitar body from scratch.....

paulnb57 said:
    @WezV ;Am I allowed to source individual parts to form my own kit of parts? I'm ready to make my first guitar body from scratch.....
    @poopot is also pushing the definition of a kit quite far, but excluding himself from the vote

its supposed to be fun so I am not going to stress too much... let the voters decide at the end

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just stumbled across this, and it may be the best idea I've seen in a while! I've been meaning to get building and possibly even designing again recently and this might just be the kick up the arse I need :D