Gardiner Houlgate auction next week

What's Hot
mortmort Frets: 719
Will be interesting to see what lot 311 makes!

https://www.gardinerhoulgate.co.uk/Catalogues/mi130918/index.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lots of vinyl records too some interesting lots.
  • If I remember rightly lot 311 failed to sell at the last auction back in June, 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2018
    If I remember rightly lot 311 failed to sell at the last auction back in June, 
    There were two or three high end LPs that got nowhere. Can't imagine recent events will help these ones sell.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • If I remember rightly lot 311 failed to sell at the last auction back in June, 
    There were two or three high end LPs that got nowhere. Can't imagine recent events will help these ones sell.
    Yeah i think you're right, As OP say's it will be interesting to see what happens. I guess the seller will put a reserve on it close to the lowest estimate so wouldn't be surprised if its up for sale again in December. Especially when you have to add on the commission and VAT.
    Yeah i think you're right, As OP say's it will be interesting to see what happens. I guess the seller will put a reserve on it close to the lowest estimate so wouldn't be surprised if its up for sale again in December. Especially when you have to add on the commission and VAT.
    The seller will be stuck in a loop now. If it doesn't sell and they don't put it back in for the next auction, they start getting charged for storage until they arrange collection / courier. If it's been there for several auctions it's just dead value. The reserve will likely be reduced but in light of the recent R8 and R9 sell off, I don't think anyone is going to pay £2500 plus another 24% on the hammer price. The seller will also be losing 20% as they pay fees + vat as well. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Lot 471 looks amazing.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14184
    tFB Trader
    made 4K on the hammer - so 5K is the payment required
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14184
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    So far, I'd have struggled to make any profit buying at such hammer prices - some prices okay - some are IMO over retail/shop price - can't fault the auction house as they are doing there job