Simple lead lines to learn?

What's Hot
Evening all, I am currently laid up with a gammy arm and want something to look forward to so...
Can anyone suggest some really simple lead lines to learn? preferably with on line video lessons. The reason for this is that I am just about capable of playing some halfway decent rhythm parts, I can manage barre chords and am a fair old strummer, but my ability to play lead is where I want to be looking next. 
In that I can't play at all at the moment I'd really appreciate some suggestions to be looking at for when I can use my right arm again. My musical preference is for folky - rocky kind of stuff if that helps. 

Cheers for reading! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The solo to black tongue by mastodon is easy and quite fun.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Zombie/The Cranberries or She Sells sanctuary The Cult
  • One that I am working on at the moment, which I am finding quite informative, is Jeff Beck's playing on 'Cause We've Ended as Lovers'. Not the full on solo, but the opening and verse/chorus melodies. It's not that hard, but it's identifying some places where my bending is not as pitch accurate as it could be (because there's places he uses no vibrato which exposes that), or where I need to work on phrasing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DcotorstewieDcotorstewie Frets: 35
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the suggestions folks :-) Getting pitch bend accuracy is something I am working on. It's not as easy as it looks...

• A fun song to learn is New York City Cops by the Strokes, really easy on the Verses, the chorus has some sliding barre chords. The solo is also pretty easy, although getting the timing on the last bit right takes a little practice. 

I haven't any video lessons but the official tab on Ultimate Guitar is pretty good. 
  • Thin Lizzy - Dancing in the Moonlight. Nice chord progression and a simple melodic, Solo that can be broken down into individual phrases. 
  • Difficult to know what to suggest depending on your level, but a couple of suggestions for different ability levels where you can practice bending in tune:

Really simple - solo of Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams

Bit more challenging - Live Forever by Oasis

• DominicDominic Frets: 16008
    start with classic Blues lines.........
    Need your Love so bad ....Peter Green classic
    loads of short sweet easy phrases that will give you a good blues trickbox of stylish little licks 
    its also very easy to find backing tracks for this
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Matt_McG said:
    One that I am working on at the moment, which I am finding quite informative, is Jeff Beck's playing on 'Cause We've Ended as Lovers'. Not the full on solo, but the opening and verse/chorus melodies. It's not that hard, but it's identifying some places where my bending is not as pitch accurate as it could be (because there's places he uses no vibrato which exposes that), or where I need to work on phrasing.
    Is there a decent tab for that anywhere accessable?
  • You do somthing to me by The Beatles. Lovely simple ish solo. I’ve not looked, but there will be someone doing a video. 
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
  • What about some Hank Marvin/.Shadows stuff ?  
    “Ken sent me.”