Strange musical coincidences

What's Hot
JayceeJaycee Frets: 296
edited September 2018 in Music
Just been listening to Whiskey in the Jar on another thread. It reminded me of what I whas doing and listening to at the time I heard that Phil Lynott had died.

My missus was watching the tv and I was painting a bedroom door, I heard the newsreader say that Phil Lynott had died, at the time I was listening to Whiskey in the Jar........how weird is that.

Has any one else had a strange musical coincidence?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drake's "Cellphone" was playing whilst I was with the missus in New Look yesterday, and I accidentally knocked a T-shirt off its hanger which featured a picture of Ariel from the Little Mermaid talking into a shell, with the text "I used to call you on my shell phone"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Late one night I was listening to music on my computer just before I went to bed. I had iTunes on shuffle, on the whole library - roughly 35,000 songs. It played Bowie's Space Oddity - the first Bowie record I ever heard, and still one of my favourites, then another song (I forgot what) and then Rock 'n' Roll Suicide, which is about the death of Ziggy Stardust and also one of my favourites. I was a bit surprised it should do that since although I have a lot of Bowie, certainly not enough for it to be that likely it would pick two of his songs, let alone those two. I thought Rock 'n' Roll Suicide was a good song to end the night on so I went to bed.

When I woke up in the morning I looked at the BBC News on my phone and found out that Bowie had died.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    ICBM said:
    Late one night I was listening to music on my computer just before I went to bed. I had iTunes on shuffle, on the whole library - roughly 35,000 songs. It played Bowie's Space Oddity - the first Bowie record I ever heard, and still one of my favourites, then another song (I forgot what) and then Rock 'n' Roll Suicide, which is about the death of Ziggy Stardust and also one of my favourites. I was a bit surprised it should do that since although I have a lot of Bowie, certainly not enough for it to be that likely it would pick two of his songs, let alone those two. I thought Rock 'n' Roll Suicide was a good song to end the night on so I went to bed.

When I woke up in the morning I looked at the BBC News on my phone and found out that Bowie had died.
     Are you claiming your iTunes killed Bowie?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horse said:
    ICBM said:

Well if video killed the radio star then who knows?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I bet Chris Martin does.

"Lads, lads, I've written this great song, and I wrote it at the same as I was listening to some weird American band".
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I’ve told this one a few times but when I was about 17 I bought a copy of the Saxon live album The Eagle Has Landed from HMV in Wolverhampton and then went into WH Smith 50 yards away where three ( Biff, Steve and Nigel) members of Saxon were shopping ( in their denims and leathers). I had a chat with them and they signed my record sleeve. 

The other one that comes to mind was driving on holiday a few years ago and singing random songs. When we started singing Cinderella Rockefella we knew we’d run out of ideas, put on Radio 2 and they were playing Cinderella Rockefella ( possibly also having run out of ideas). If you are unfamiliar with the song get on YouTube and you’ll be in for a treat...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    horse said:

Ha, no - more that something apparently may have made my computer pick those two particular songs - not even just any of the 121 other Bowie tracks I have on it - with a probability less than one in a billion, or half that if the order matters (it does). It is true that humans notice coincidences and read too much into them, but that is a very unlikely coincidence...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    Driving down to South Wales in a mate's van, he was reminiscing about some old times "remember that night etc... we were having a great time...digging through my old vinyl collection and we found that old Martha and the Muffins record"

"no, never heard of them.... Martha and the what?"

"You know....Echo Beach.....far away in time...da, da,da"

"Nope" Never heard it.

This goes on for a bit, you know, like the worst karaoke, but in a van.

"oh I give up" he says and turns on the radio.

Guess what?

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    The other day in the gym I was listening to  Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears. I paused the song half way through while I took off my headphones. The same song was playing on the radio from exactly the same point at which I’d just paused it on my iPod. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom