Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

H7 - Life Laundry

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
edited September 2018 in Guitar
For various reasons, I’ve decided to undertake a wee bit of a life laundry...

I’ve just started mentally auditing gear (which may be up for the chop) and it makes interesting reading.

First up is hardware (more to be added)

*Various (at least 4) ‘60’s Burns Orbit combos
*Fender (red knob) Twin combo
*2 x Vox AD120VT combos
*3 x Line6 Flextone III combos
*Line6 Vetta head
*Marshall TSL601 combo
*2 x Marshall Lead 12 combos (possibly 3)
*At least 6 x HH IC-100/VS combos
*At least 6 x Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 (or *Stereo 400, etc) combos
*Peavey Programax combo
*‘70’s Kustom Sidewinder Tuck’n’Roll combo (1x15?)
*Traynor YGL(?) 2x12 valve combo 
*Various Carlsbro combos (60’s-‘80’s, valve and SS)
*‘70’s Intermusic head(s) and 2x12 combo(s)
*Various 4x12’s 
*Various amp flightcases
*2 x ‘60’s/‘70’s Watkins Copicats (SS, IIRC)
*Simms-Watts Echo-Dek
*Carlsbro 16:8:2 Desk
*'60's Bird Golden Eagle 15w combo (with legs)
*Vintage Traynor 9x8 cab
*Vintage WEM Audiomaster mixer
*Carlsbro 60TCR valve combo
*2 or 3 ‘60’s/‘70’s Dan Armstrong valve/hybrid heads and combos
*Simms-Watts 2x12 SS combo
*At least 3 x Sound City Concord valve combos
*70’s 2x12 Marshall Master Lead combo
*Prototype Sonus 2x12 Valve combo
*Maine & ProAmp combos
*Laney VA50 Valve head & 4x12
*Crate Flexwave head.
*’60’s USA Kay valve combo.
*Boosey & Hawkes Tenor Sax

There is a mix of working, complete, spares/repair, etc.

It’s starting to feel cathartic already!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Holy cow. This is going to depress the used gear market for the next decade!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    The Burns Orbit combo is a blast from the past. I used one belonging to a friend for a short while in my teens. It was a significant amp from an earlier time (60s) when the likes of Burns were taking advantage of developing transistor technology to make amps far more hi-fi to get away from nasty distorting valve amps. Not a good move as it happens, but if you want a crystal clear amp the Orbit certainly does it.

BTW H7 when your vast storage facilities are cleared out are you going to refill, or perhaps rent to General Motors or Amazon? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Jimbro66 said:

BTW H7 when your vast storage facilities are cleared out are you going to refill, or perhaps rent to General Motors or Amazon? ;)
    He could lend it to God to keep a spare Earth in.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Are any of the Flextone 111"s the XL"s (150 watt 2 x 75 model) & where are you located ?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774

Just guitar/music stuff, or things generally?

I'd be interested to know how you get on, it's something I really need to do myself.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    You must have a shed the size of Russia.
  • baldy said:
    Are any of the Flextone 111"s the XL"s (150 watt 2 x 75 model) & where are you located ?
    All of them are 2x12 Stereo.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Can you pm me a price & more specific location please.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    isn't it worth opening a shop @HarrySeven ;

Just a matter of interest - Spoke to Ken today about the Crewe Show and he has a few gaps/tables - Can supply you his number if you want to rent space/table at Crewe Show - Just a thought - then one in Manchester early Oct
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Got any bass cabs of any vintage?
  • isn't it worth opening a shop @HarrySeven ;

Just a matter of interest - Spoke to Ken today about the Crewe Show and he has a few gaps/tables - Can supply you his number if you want to rent space/table at Crewe Show - Just a thought - then one in Manchester early Oct
    This ^^^^

• @HarrySeven actually if you do the Bristol show I do the doors there so happy to help take some of your gear, 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited September 2018
    If that lot moves from Harry’s house, isn’t there a risk the Earth may be knocked off its axis?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    If that lot moves from Harry’s house, isn’t there a risk the Earth may be knocked off its axis?
    you mean tip over.

Joke

I'm a 7 day creationist...

I'm feeling a lot better about my modest collection. Pics when I can be bothered.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I think we could do guided tours of Harry's Collection, it'd be like a Goodwood Festival of dust and hot electrics :)
  • baldy said:
    Can you pm me a price & more specific location please.
    @baldy - I've not actually sorted stuff out yet or made any final decisions. Will do as and when! :)

• isn't it worth opening a shop @HarrySeven ;

Cheers, Mark. I have actually considered this a few times (as I'm normally at Crewe anyway), although transporting a mountain of amps doesn't fill me with excitement! ;)

• Philly_Q said:

Just guitar/music stuff, or things generally?

I'd be interested to know how you get on, it's something I really need to do myself.

Indeed. Essentially, it's about re-focussing how and what I collect. Space is a perennial issue and amps/cabs take up the most room, so I suppose it's inevitable that it's pretty much where I need to look first. The list above isn't exhaustive, BTW - there's a lot of stuff I've forgotten I have.

Also, the potential acquisition of a few tasty vintage bits and bobs (guitar-wise...more on this later) has made me look hard at WTF I'm up to - quality/quantity and all that kind of thing.

• Got any bass cabs of any vintage?

Dunno.

There's at least one very early Trace-Elliot (Soundwave-era) 8x10 leviathan "combo"...

• Anyway...all being well, if the weather is OK on Saturday, I'm planning to pull everything hardware-wise out of storage and go through it. Wish me luck! ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom