Guitar Courier - To Berlin - Help ?

What's Hot
Hi all,

It looks like my Masterbuilt Tele is heading to Berlin...

Any ideas of the best courier to use, bearing it mind the £3000 insured value ?

Thanks in advance,
Waz
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    www.interparcel.com - I choose the UPS option - Not sure how much cover they offer as I have a dedicated policy to cover me for shipping 
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    £2000 is the maximum cover, however I agree with Mark - UPS via Interparcel is my preferred shipping method.
    tFB Trader
    You'll always live with some fear factor whilst goods are in transit - I've ran with a separate dedicated insurance policy for 15 years, yet never had to actually use it - Thank God maybe - But at around £350 a year It has cost me over 5K

So do you take the risk and don't bother with such a policy - So providing any potential loss is under 5K then in my instance I'd be better of

In truth they have so many get out clauses within the small print that I'm not so sure it is worth anything regarding insurance policies offered by the couriers and their agents
  • I would check with @GavRichList its not the same guy he sold to on eBay in Berlin
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Deliver it yourself? As @guitars4you says, the small print is designed to foil any claim. So either get a cheap ticket and take a day off work or else invest the insurance fee in additional packing materials that will guarantee it survives a 20' tumble off a conveyer.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever received full compensation for insured damage in transit.

Failing all that, Transglobal Express/UPS is my preferred option; additional insurance is an option that appears near the end of the on-line booking process.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I used UPS to ship to Munich last week, was about £80 collected with £4k value - recommended

Just booked it direct with UPS, but do set up an account otherwise you can't reprint stuff.

• JezWynd said:
    Deliver it yourself? As @guitars4you says, the small print is designed to foil any claim. So either get a cheap ticket and take a day off work or else invest the insurance fee in additional packing materials that will guarantee it survives a 20' tumble off a conveyer.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever received full compensation for insured damage in transit.

Failing all that, Transglobal Express/UPS is my preferred option; additional insurance is an option that appears near the end of the on-line booking process.
    Mate, I have thought about that...!

We visited Berlin in April for the first time, and it was amazing :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • www.interparcel.com - I choose the UPS option - Not sure how much cover they offer as I have a dedicated policy to cover me for shipping 
    Mark, wonder if you could help me out here; what weight for a MB Tele/Case/Fender box should I declare ?

Appreciate all the input guys :)
    tFB Trader
    14kg is fine - might be a touch under but I always go 14

116 x 46 x 17 is the box dimensions in a reg Fender size box

Glad you sold it - I was close to contacting you on a couple of occasions to buy for the store - Well priced so somewhat surprised it took a few days to sell
  • 14kg is fine - might be a touch under but I always go 14

Glad you sold it - I was close to contacting you on a couple of occasions to buy for the store - Well priced so somewhat surprised it took a few days to sell
    Mark, thanks so much for that info mate...

Well, it's on hold at the moment, so who knows ???

It might yet be available ;)
    tFB Trader
    14kg is fine - might be a touch under but I always go 14

Mark, thanks so much for that info mate...

Well, it's on hold at the moment, so who knows ???

It might yet be available ;)
    no problem - good luck
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    peteri said:

I used UPS to ship to Munich last week, was about £80 collected with £4k value - recommended

Before I get home to find the locks have been changed again: https://media.giphy.com/media/3CiLrTgKkqL0k/giphy.gif
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    my Novo went to sweden via interparcel /ups no issues at all
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I was over in Berlin from Friday morning until Sunday night.

I have come back broken.

Nothing to do with couriers of course.........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom