Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Resigned from my job

What's Hot

Comments

• Well done. Hope you get an idea for something else to do soon. In the meantime why not just apply for this & that until you discover something you like?
    Thanks bud, fingers crossed I've got a job lined up. I'm not 110% sold on it but it's getting money coming in and keeping me working. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    edited September 2018
    Taking 3mnths off changed me, and my relationship with the company. After a year back dropping to 4days/week has been amazing for my depression, going talk to doc about slowly coming off meds. Best of luck, don't take the job if its too early, or maybe do it as a temp, or part time

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 851
    Good luck. By the sound of it you have done this at a good time (if there is one) - best wishes.
  • Good luck, I just changed jobs, sometimes you just know when the time is right.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    When you resigned was it -

- Hand in your notice and work the required period

Or

- Get up from your desk one day, stand on the desk shake your fist at some passion for clouds and scream at the office that your out of here. Upon leaving you then flip them off and say later losers! Then find any potential bridges and burn them.

Or

A little bit of the former and a little bit of the latter?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I ever storm out I want to do it like Glen in the thick of it, id post the link but im on my chuffing amazon tablet
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @darthed1981 , what about your sister?  You've got to whitewash her walls.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Nice one. I've done it a couple of times where I've decided I'd rather have the challenge of finding a new job than put up with the amount of day to day shit where I was (and when work is busy and stressful you don't tend to have the head space to spot other opportunities). Worked out ok for me both times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:

Or

- Get up from your desk one day, stand on the desk shake your fist at some passion for clouds and scream at the office that your out of here. Upon leaving you then flip them off and say later losers! Then find any potential bridges and burn them.

Or

It was quite cordial tbh. They wanted to call me in for something or other. And I had just had enough of it at that point, so before they started I put forward my resignation. 
    They put me on garden leave and I upped and left, part of me wanted to go out swinging. But that wouldn't have achieved anything, they don't feel they've done anything wrong and I may have to come back to them for a reference etc. Nothing ever comes from negativity, best to just move on.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • horse said:
    Nice one. I've done it a couple of times where I've decided I'd rather have the challenge of finding a new job than put up with the amount of day to day shit where I was (and when work is busy and stressful you don't tend to have the head space to spot other opportunities). Worked out ok for me both times.
    That was it really. I've been casually job searching but haven't been in the right frame of mind or too knackered from work to do anything about it.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    I jacked my last job after a takeover by an absolute shower of shite, i didnt have another job to go to, i found work within a month and love the job, the fear of being skint is a great motivator. Im sure it will all work out, life really is too short to be stuck in a job thats making you unhappy, leave that for the suckers that stay.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • @darthed1981 , what about your sister?  You've got to whitewash her walls.
    Truly one of comedy's finest moments!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    DrJazzTap said:
    LuttiS said:

Or

Or

It was quite cordial tbh. They wanted to call me in for something or other. And I had just had enough of it at that point, so before they started I put forward my resignation. 
    They put me on garden leave and I upped and left, part of me wanted to go out swinging. But that wouldn't have achieved anything, they don't feel they've done anything wrong and I may have to come back to them for a reference etc. Nothing ever comes from negativity, best to just move on.
    I agree, no point burning bridges.. but it would be fun though.. gawd how much fun it would be to burn.. burn it all...
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Well done for taking possitive action and retaining control of your own life. For what it's worth you have my full support.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Can you not go back drop to your knees and grovel for your job back? Think of the elation you will feel when you realise you can keep all your guitars. Then you can resign Again! and just think of the elation you will feel having resigned Twice!  boom in your face Mr Boss Man.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    Congratulations, you have one life so I'd say you have done the right thing by keeping your sanity and walking rather than bottling it all up and bursting in a mental health episode or heart valve episode. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've suffered from depression for years - working for others and being self-employed. I have come to realise, this year, though that I'll never be content working for someone else.

It sounds like you made the decision for all the right reasons, depression's an easy hole to fall down and a difficult one to climb back out of. Good luck!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    This is the only way to leave with dignity....

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    This is the only way to leave with dignity....

Years ago I worked at BT, and I heard about a guy who after he resigned did a massive shit in the middle of the call centre floor. I think that's more mythical than bigfoot though.