T-Style guitar butterscotch or blonde w/ rosewood board

What's Hot
I’m on the hunt for a fairly rare combo by the looks of it. Always loved the blonde or butterscotch colour but I’m Not feeling a maple board so has to be rosewood. Closest I can find myself would be Coxon’s Tele, but just wondering if anyone knows of anything out in the wild that might suit? Something sitting in the back corner of your racks...or local shop? No desperate rush, but the GAS is building!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited September 2018
    It obviously depends on your budget,
    Whenever anyone is seeking an idiosyncratic telecaster my first thought is “Partscaster!”- I’m certain @lonestar could sort you out with a beautiful body and neck to your desired spec, from there one of our tame pickup maestros could hook you up with electrics etc @Alegree  @TheGuitarWeasel or Marc at Mojo all do wonderful work that belies their price point. Building a partscaster is fun & easier than you might fear-after all, what is a telecaster if not a cricket bat bolted to a bread board?!

If you’re of more modest means, then perhaps a Vintage V62 would suit? Sure it’s not a Fender American Vintage
    https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/fender_american_vintage_and_64_tele_rw_aged_white_blonde/?gclid=CjwKCAjw8uLcBRACEiwAaL6MSbfhKYPn_NYLsh9-cbZuwacXZCofTv9W_lmG4DdUFfilNR9ZXrxvQhoCNkYQAvD_BwE
     or Squier (they DO make a vintage blonde with rosewood board by the way): 
    https://www.gak.co.uk/en/squier-standard-telecaster-vintage-blonde-rosewood/16044 

but I've always found Vintage to make excellent guitars at this price point. 

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/vintage-icon-v62-1600156.jpg
  • Thanks for that, I've certainly got a bit of dosh to send the way of the right guitar. Played a few Vintage's over the years and never really liked any of them unfortunately.
  • Vintage-T said:
    Thanks for that, I've certainly got a bit of dosh to send the way of the right guitar. Played a few Vintage's over the years and never really liked any of them unfortunately.
    I’ve found a couple of other things & edited my post... can you tell I’m “working” from home today?!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    many of us like a good dirty blonde - but IMO the blonde finish just looks right with a maple board and not so special with a rosewood board - If you are going down the rosewood board then IMO it should be olympic or vintage white 

Granted there are different shades of blonde including white blonde or honey blonde + Olympic/vintage white, be it new or aged

Blonde is meant to be translucent whereas vintage/olympic white are a solid finish so you can't see the grain of the body

Therefore you'll find most blonde Tele's are on a maple board
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Thank you @stimpsonslostson .

Happy to help, just posted this on social media last night...

https://i.imgur.com/lKW14yc.jpg

Plenty of other examples available 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good lord! Now I’VE got GAS! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Vintage-T said:
    I’m on the hunt for a fairly rare combo by the looks of it. Always loved the blonde or butterscotch colour but I’m Not feeling a maple board so has to be rosewood. Closest I can find myself would be Coxon’s Tele, but just wondering if anyone knows of anything out in the wild that might suit? Something sitting in the back corner of your racks...or local shop? No desperate rush, but the GAS is building!
    Have a word with @customkits he recently built a stunner to vintage specs, pre cbs neck etc!!!!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopot said:
    Vintage-T said:
    Have a word with @customkits he recently built a stunner to vintage specs, pre cbs neck etc!!!!

Ooooh that's pretty much it!
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    Vintage-T said:
    poopot said:
    Vintage-T said:

Ooooh that's pretty much it!
    Thanks i was never bothered about this look until we built it for Marc, now i want one

Marc had a 12inch radius but we do a 7.25 to 9.5 compound radius and it's great for vintage feel with great playability with a nice action
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3447
    edited September 2018
    I think Rosewood and Blonde is a great mix, especially on a Tele.

https://i.imgur.com/CUh13pD.jpg

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.