Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Discreet Gear Thread

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
edited September 2018 in Guitar
Inspired by a few comments previous threads.. like this one, this one and this one. and comments like 

I have to say, that photo actually made me laugh out loud. You should start a photo series on hiding new gear from your wife, the cheekier the better.
and pictures like

and this one 

which has been posted a couple of times depicting my late night efforts at failing to place an amp in the front room so as to not draw attention...

Mrs. L is fully aware of all my gear, and she is ok with me having it accessible, but she doesn't want it all over the place and in view. A guitar behind the chair is fine, but two guitars, a bass, two amps, a large mfx pedal board and regular pedal board is apparently too much to go behind said chair.. 

So where do you all inconspicuously place your gear so as to not draw attention?

Send in your photographic evidence of hidden items!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have two "empty" guitar cases under the bed. It's kind of a Schrödinger's Cat situation... They're empty until opened. 

MrsLostSon is understanding of the amount of musical stuff in our flat. The one thing she won't tolerate is Sunburst guitars. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's hardest to hide on moving day so I do that part of the move solo :)

6reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    I have a Rivera R55 head conversion in a bedroom cupboard, underneath a pair of salopettes if that counts??? No photo right now tho...
  • I had an idea a while back for guitar amps which look like furniture... coffee table heads, armchair 4x12s, that sort of thing. Not only would it be easy to store around the house, think how cool your stage would look with a load of chairs & tables scattered around the backline :D 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Just recently moved and all guitars and pedalboard has been located under the stairs.

Really accessible and just makes it easier. To be honest I don't want it all over the place.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Just leave everything boxed up:

• When my in-laws came for a brief 5 month stay my guitars and amps lived in their cases in the cupboard under the stairs/tin the garage, and under the bed.  I made do with an Amplifi TT attached to the living room HIFI which was very discreet.  No photos alas.  
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I had an idea a while back for guitar amps which look like furniture... coffee table heads, armchair 4x12s, that sort of thing. Not only would it be easy to store around the house, think how cool your stage would look with a load of chairs & tables scattered around the backline :D 
    That would be pretty cool :) Didn't Rush have a washing machine backline for a couple of tours? :)
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I'm plain sight! 

She thinks this is the (same colour) Applause I bought four years ago. She still hasn't realised I've upgraded it to a Ballardeer. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/77bAUYi
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fuengi said:
    I'm plain sight! 

She thinks this is the (same colour) Applause I bought four years ago. She still hasn't realised I've upgraded it to a Ballardeer. 

Do you keep the Applause in a different room and tell her you are constantly playing/moving it... or just tell her she has a bad case of deja-vu? :)
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Guitars live in their cases under the bed.
    Pedals in a hardcase, tucked in a nook.
    Amp is a tweed, so its fine to sit alongside a bookshelf. Deliberately chose an amp that wasn't a black box of obviousness, so it can be happily left on display without complaints.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    LuttiS said: mi
    Inspired by a few comments previous threads.. like this one, this one and this one. and comments like 

So where do you all inconspicuously place your gear so as to not draw attention?

It all goes in the music room and I shut the door.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slacker said:

It all goes in the music room and I shut the door.
    Same here, except my Martin and Les Paul due to the music room's temperature fluctuations.

Fuengi said:
    What is it with imgur users and banal comments?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Fuengi said:
    I'm plain sight! 

The feet on that guitar stand looks like it'll wreck that nice wooden flooring!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Fuengi said:
    It's like a parallel universe out there
    roberty said:
    Fuengi said:
    It's like a parallel universe out there
    Chaps got a point about hurting your neck to watch tv though :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258

in plain sight
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Peek-a-boo!

http://i.imgur.com/zbksgKs.jpg ;

This is most of my stuff. In the box is my retired Aria LP copy. You can just see a sliver of my main guitar, a G&L Fallout. The little Laney amp has changed me from only using an amp 10% of the time to 90% which is good (although possibly not for anyone else with ears).
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Sesh said:
    Peek-a-boo!

http://i.imgur.com/zbksgKs.jpg ;

This is most of my stuff. In the box is my retired Aria LP copy. You can just see a sliver of my main guitar, a G&L Fallout. The little Laney amp has changed me from only using an amp 10% of the time to 90% which is good (although possibly not for anyone else with ears).
    Taking the neck off is a whole new level, you are the guitar equivalent of the man with the golden gun!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    LuttiS said:
    Fuengi said:
    I'm plain sight! 

Do you keep the Applause in a different room and tell her you are constantly playing/moving it... or just tell her she has a bad case of deja-vu? :)
    I traded it for the Ballardeer! ;)