Epiphone DR-500MCE?

So I am thinking ahead and may treat myself at Christmas to a new guitar. I was going to look at Epi LP's but thought tonight why not an acoustic? I already have a Yamaha APX500 but struggle to pick it up, I feel that sometimes the string spacing at the nut is a little tight. Anyhow, I was looking at the current Epi range and the  DR-500MCE caught my eye, any thoughts on Epiphone acoustics?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Just so you don't get to feel too lonely @robgilmo I have an liking for some of the Epiphone acoustics.
    Maybe 35 years ago I set up a mates Epi J200 thing and I was very pleased he didn't want it back in a hurry, very nice.
    In the early 90s I bought an Epiphone PR350s, it was shop soiled! The plastic on the pickguard had made a mess where it had been in the window. Since the sun had done no damage to the timber yet I bought it cheap. That and the fact that I liked the sound acousticly and plugged in.
    I still have and use it today, it needs a good DI box to load the saddle PU. I did recently buy a Mesa rosette which allows me to get a very good tone from it, although I don't do solo guitar stuff so it's not super critical.
    So I've played some lovely Epiphone acoustics, but as ever play it first and use your ears.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom