Telecaster wow moment vs. Suhr Classic T

What's Hot
OnparOnpar Frets: 415
I had a wow moment with a Telecaster at the weekend. It was a Fender Custom Shop '52 relic. Teles had never really done it for me previously and I had only tried one American Pro Tele before this but wow this thing was awesome. Felt great, sounded fantastic. I soon found myself churning our classic Stones licks and suddenly I became a very different player to my usual Strat playing (which always strays towards SRV/Hendrix), and I had a different kind of swagger. Have other people gone through a similar Tele experience?

...and how about Suhr Classic T's? seen a few reviews where people have said these were the best Tele they had played. Any thoughts?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’m about to sell my 52 heavy relic to clear space. This thread makes me hesitate. Damn it!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    edited September 2018
    I’ll lay my cards on the table - I’m not generally a fan of Suhr guitars. There’s something ‘too perfect’ about them which doesn’t sit right with me on a Fender-style guitar - but there are a few of people on here who are fully paid-up fans of them - so it really is a matter of personal preference.

You need to play a few and decide if they’re for you.... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    A suhr is a different beast. I’m pretty sure that the cs nocaster is the custom shop’s best selling tele and the 52 is the same with a slimmer neck. A blackguard is a slab of Ash screwed to a block of maple with some pickups from a lap steel. Utter perfection
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I’m a Suhr die hard, but you’ve got to play them to decide for yourself. Both the Suhr and Fender are great.....it’s just that the Suhr is better ;-)