I prefer SG’s

What's Hot
fnptfnpt Frets: 744
sold my 61 RI SG to buy a LP traditional as it’s always been my dream guitar. Realized in the meantime that I much prefer my old SG: better tone, lighter and as good looking. Shit.
____
"You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good for you :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1596
    I got an SG standard for the first time this week and I love it. I’m not sure I prefer it to my LP because they sound quite different but it is super comfortable to play and the tone is superb. Probably more clarity than the LP but not as much punch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You must feel foolish, bereft - and a tad disappointed....
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    I’ve never played an SG....but I love Angus
  • Never played an Angus either.  Are they pretty?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    tone1 said:
    Not pretty but a bit Angry =)

https://i.imgur.com/mkcEdK9.jpg
     <3 Never gets old
  • All joking aside I have an ovation preacher who his kind of like an sg  it's my favourite guitar :) 
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934
    fnpt said:
    sold my 61 RI SG to buy a LP traditional as it’s always been my dream guitar. Realized in the meantime that I much prefer my old SG: better tone, lighter and as good looking. Shit.
    Oh the bright side, at least you have a new dream guitar to look forward to... Hope it's not long before you've got one in your hands. :)

FWIW, I prefer SGs too.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Nothing wrong with one of each
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82 said:
    Nothing wrong with one of each
    ...apart from the lack of P90s. 

SG + P90 = wonderful. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I had a great SG but the geometry of it didn't work for me.  When I played it for a long time my wrist got sore so I ended up selling it.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    The moral of the story here is always buy more guitars not different ones.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Me too....

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    I'm worried about this happening to me too as I can't really justify buying a new guitar at the minute without selling the other. Always used to play only Les Pauls but a couple years ago sold mine off so I've had the SG as my main guitar since then. Been playing a few LPs recently and it's getting the GAS going again for one as it really does feel and sound like home... The SG is so damn light and comfy though, I get shoulder ache paying the LPs stood up but the tone and sustain is perfect. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    TTBZ said:
    I'm worried about this happening to me too as I can't really justify buying a new guitar at the minute without selling the other. Always used to play only Les Pauls but a couple years ago sold mine off so I've had the SG as my main guitar since then. Been playing a few LPs recently and it's getting the GAS going again for one as it really does feel and sound like home... The SG is so damn light and comfy though, I get shoulder ache paying the LPs stood up but the tone and sustain is perfect. 
    SGs and Les Pauls do sound different.  I do like a good Les Paul.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Bigsby said:
    fnpt said:
    Oh the bright side, at least you have a new dream guitar to look forward to... Hope it's not long before you've got one in your hands. :)

FWIW, I prefer SGs too.

Which one's the SG? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Bigsby said:
    fnpt said:

FWIW, I prefer SGs too.

You really need a Zoot Suit to properly finish off that lineup.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    edited September 2018
    Never sell your SG. As cute as, and as light as, a button.
  • I love the look and sound of Les Pauls, and they're such an iconic thing. However, my stumpy just can't get away with the single-cut design and that chunky neck join. Definitely prefer my Gibson style guitars with a double-cut flavour. More of a semi-hollow/335 type fan, but an SG would be my 1st choice if I went for an all-solid mahogony slab.