Line 6 HX

What's Hot
ellangusellangus Frets: 250
edited September 2018 in FX
I’m considering selling my pedals and buying an HX. My pedal board currently consists of.
Tc tuner.
MXR vintage reissue comp.
Durham Sexdrive
ZenDrive (Hermida)
Nobels odr-1
mosky xp 
GasFX Drive Thru
Zoom ms 70 CD-R
Flint
Ditto looper

i don’t gig but I do get together with mates and jam

Im not necessarily going to sell all the pedals just now but a few would defo have to go to fund the HX

Good or bad move

thoughts appreciated

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If yon don't have to sell any pedals to do it them you always have a fallback 

Try and pick up a second hand one like I'd did, I love mine but don't use any of the drives. It's so user friendly it's not true
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If yon don't have to sell any pedals to do it them you always have a fallback 

Try and pick up a second hand one like I'd did, I love mine but don't use any of the drives. It's so user friendly it's not true
    It’s the drives I’m most concerned about. As you can probably see by my current board I love my od’s. the flint would probably have to go to fund it which i think is brilliant so if I can cover that which I’m sure it would then all’s good but honestly I’d like to replace everything which would give me money back to fund a nice new guitar
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • ellangus said:
    If yon don't have to sell any pedals to do it them you always have a fallback 

It’s the drives I’m most concerned about. As you can probably see by my current board I love my od’s. the flint would probably have to go to fund it which i think is brilliant so if I can cover that which I’m sure it would then all’s good but honestly I’d like to replace everything which would give me money back to fund a nice new guitar
    Id keep the flint, it's a special pedal and I think the trems and reverb are it's weakest points. The drives are pretty good tho. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    edited September 2018
    There's a thread on the HX where people have shared their thoughts.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/123008/line-6-helix-hx-effects-unit-leaked#latest

I, too, have been considering one for a while and I like my separate drives and like you, have several I use and they provide my 'Core Sound'. I've considered the benefits the unit has to offer and there are many i.e. the range and quality of fx, control of my board, ease of use (less tap dancing), small footprint and I even tried one a couple of times in a shop and set up up my board very easily, but it didn't quite sound the same, but that was based on just an hour or so's trial and I wouldn't of expected it to straight off.

As you can plumb in your own pedals, that's what you might need to do but I'd say, if you can afford to buy the unit and keep your pedals, especially your drives and Flint, do that and then you have a back up OR compare them until such a point that you know they're either staying or they can be sold on. Selling most would get you to the price of a HX anyway and so you know you'd cover the cost eventually if it all works out. Oh, and you'll need to use your ears as setting like-for-like pedals on the same settings didn't work for me, the OCD being a case in point.

• ellangus said:
    I’m considering selling my pedals and buying an HX. My pedal board currently consists of.
    Tc tuner.
    MXR vintage reissue comp.
    Durham Sexdrive
    ZenDrive (Hermida)
    Nobels odr-1
    mosky xp 
    GasFX Drive Thru
    Zoom ms 70 CD-R
    Flint
    Ditto looper

i don’t gig but I do get together with mates and jam

Im not necessarily going to sell all the pedals just now but a few would defo have to go to fund the HX

Good or bad move

thoughts appreciated

The model of the Dynacomp and Xotic XP will fill your compressor needs

The Klon could maybe do that little everything’s-a-bit-nicer boos of the Sexdrive

The Mosky can be replaced with the modelled EP Booster

wont need the Zoom (although they are awesome)

If you rely heavily on tremolo then you’ll miss the flint but the HX ones are very decent. I prefer the TR2 model

The KWB might replace your Drive Thru

You may want to use your own tuner as do I 

I also have an ODR1 and Zendrive plugged into the Helix fwiw. I couldn’t find anything in the box to shift them (yet)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The harmonic trem on the HX is great, as are the other trems on it. I still have the Flint (and have owned/own a lot of the others), but haven’t missed having it on my board since getting the HX; it really is that good!

The HX for me is about covering the core sounds of any gig and having a more portable setup without losing any quality. Less patch cables is a huge plus, I’m generally much happier with my core tone. I’m confident I’d be very happy with just the HX on most gigs, but having the Broadcast with it is working really well for me, plus an octave pedal and whatever else I’m feeling for a particular gig (I also took the El Capistan out for my last gig as a second delay and was really digging that for dub/reggae tunes and big solo sounds).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Keep the tuner, sell the rest 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The harmonic trem on the HX is great, as are the other trems on it. I still have the Flint (and have owned/own a lot of the others), but haven’t missed having it on my board since getting the HX; it really is that good!

The HX for me is about covering the core sounds of any gig and having a more portable setup without losing any quality. Less patch cables is a huge plus, I’m generally much happier with my core tone. I’m confident I’d be very happy with just the HX on most gigs, but having the Broadcast with it is working really well for me, plus an octave pedal and whatever else I’m feeling for a particular gig (I also took the El Capistan out for my last gig as a second delay and was really digging that for dub/reggae tunes and big solo sounds).
    please share you trem patches as I really am struggling with the HX trem..