2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    the cash cow that never stops giving

*will still buy it*

Haha...  and they know it  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Repackage and resell, they must think we're mugs.... well when it comes to Hendrix I am! Might have to go for the vinyl edition.....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72237
    I will too. It would be nice if they finally put the cover Jimi wanted on it - the clip does hint that.

The original naked-women cover is iconic in its own way, even though he hated it - I had one, which I sold for a reasonable amount when I had my vinyl clear-out about ten or fifteen years ago - but the standard 'head' cover is just poor.

I just hope they don't load it down with too much out-take material that Jimi would never have wanted released, or bugger up the mixes. The gold standard so far is the Sgt. Pepper 50th Anniversary edition - a perfect remaster on one disc and all the other stuff on the other.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9269
    There’s my Christmas present from the missus sorted
  • Very much a landmark album in my life and it has really has aged well too. I've been listening to it for nearly 30 years and it still blows me away. Very much looking forward to hearing it.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11286
    Octafish said:
    Repackage and resell, they must think we're mugs....
    Hendrix mugs - they'll be selling those soon as well.
  • scrumhalf said:
    Octafish said:
    Who is actually making money out of Hendrix now then? Poor jimmy didn't get a look in to any of that when he was alive :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    scrumhalf said:
    Octafish said:
    Who is actually making money out of Hendrix now then? Poor jimmy didn't get a look in to any of that when he was alive :(
    His half sister I think. I was thinking what are they going to do when Eddie Kramer passes away, he seems to be the acceptable face of Hendrix estate as he was part of the Hendrix story, without him they’ll not have anyone that people respect to help them flog the legacy.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72237
    mrkb said:
    hotpickups said:

His half sister father's step-daughter from a later marriage, who is completely unrelated to him.
    FTFY...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom