Fender Paramount pm3

I wtb a couch guitar as the dread I have is too big and too valuable to leave out in the sitting room where there are kids running about. I had a gs mini but got rid as it felt too cramped for my big hands so definitely want something with a full scale neck. These seem to get decent reviews and I could probably pick one up for around the £400 mark. Has anyone any experience of them or offer a decent alternative? Would love a Larrivee OM model but probably a touch too much £ for something like that will in all likelihood get bashed about. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2355
    I didn't really like the paramount i tried (I can't remember if it was the smaller one or not, I think so), but that was a couple of years ago and they were just new out, they may have improved now. (Plus I'm mainly an electric player, so I'm not sure how much you'd want to trust my judgment when it comes to acoustics :D )

Do you consider 24 3/4" to be full-size scale? If so, a faith mercury might be worth a look, the naked series version at least should be around the £400 mark. It might be a bit of a smaller body than you want, though...
  • My Martin is 25.4” which I like the feel of. Just after something with that scale neck but with a much smaller body. Seen a nice 000 Martin on eBay but double my budget. I’m relatively new to this game only been playing just over a year so no expert. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2355
    Yeah. Quite often (but like you, I'm not expert either) the smaller bodied ones have the 24 3/4" scale length. Some of the OM models (either martin or by other makers) may well have the longer scale length, but still have a fairly compact body.

Unfortunately Faith doesn't do an OM, I think the Venus (which is more auditorium size) is their next smallest after the mercury.