Telemaster pickguard

Does anyone know where I can get one of these please?

I’ve found places that can make a custom pickguard but they want a template, which I don’t have. Would need to be cut for 2 x P90’s too. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    Guitarbuild?
    Might be worth an email to them...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• paulnb57 said:
    Guitarbuild?
    Tried that, twice, but apart from a price, no response as to how to actually order one.... :/ 

• Warmoth is the most straightforward solution if you mean P90s in the neck and middle positions.

http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/JazzcasterPickguard.aspx

If you mean you’d like the pickguard to extend rearwards to accommodate a bridge P90, or if you mean you want the rear of the guard to be straight rather than indented for a traditonal Tele bridge... you’ll have to work with a maker to come up with a template.

The only company I know that offers to do that for free is Scratch-It, but I’ve never used them and I believe they only do straight-cut guards (no bevel, no ply).
  • barnstorm said:
    Warmoth is the most straightforward solution if you mean P90s in the neck and middle positions.

http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/JazzcasterPickguard.aspx

If you mean you’d like the pickguard to extend rearwards to accommodate a bridge P90, or if you mean you want the rear of the guard to be straight rather than indented for a traditonal Tele bridge... you’ll have to work with a maker to come up with a template.

The only company I know that offers to do that for free is Scratch-It, but I’ve never used them and I believe they only do straight-cut guards (no bevel, no ply).
    Thank you, yes a standard Telemaster shape with P90 in the neck/middle. 

The Warmoth one gets close but it looks like the control plate is in a different place on their Jazzcaster body:

https://i.imgur.com/quDdqF8.jpg

Good job I printed the template before ordering...

At least I now have a template that I can adapt to the body I have :)

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1479
    Talk to Glen Havelock (glen.havelock@gmail.com), at Axion Custom Guitars.  He's made me some great custom scratchplates for me.  This is one of them:

edited September 2018
    paulnb57 said:
    Guitarbuild?
    Tried that, twice, but apart from a price, no response as to how to actually order one....  

Thats pretty poor service...I got my Telemaster Scratchplate from them and it took for ever, if you need an outine of one for Scratch it, Im happy to do it and email a scan...Tim at Sratch it or Gig Ink whatever it called now is easy to deal with and will position pickup cutouts then send a pdf to print out to check fit, but as stated above they are not bevelled and you uave to decide on a design to decorate the plate or have a clear acrylic one, which I may do for my next order from them for my Challenge Telemaster
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    I'll add another recommendation for Scratch it - https://www.originalscratchplates.com/. Always good service and Tim's a nice guy to deal with.

If you're not in a rush, I'd make you one for the cost of parts and postage. I'd just need an accurate 1:1 pdf.
    Trading feedback: Trading feedback
  • paulnb57 said:
    paulnb57 said:
    Guitarbuild?
    Tried that, twice, but apart from a price, no response as to how to actually order one.... :/ 

Thats pretty poor service...I got my Telemaster Scratchplate from them and it took for ever, if you need an outine of one for Scratch it, Im happy to do it and email a scan...Tim at Sratch it or Gig Ink whatever it called now is easy to deal with and will position pickup cutoits then send a pdf to print oit to check fit, but as stated above they are not bevelled amd you uave to decide on a design to decorate the plate or have a clear acrylic one, which I may do for my next order from them for my Challenge Telemaster
    That would be great if you could email me a scan of yours, thank you. I’ll pm you my email :) 

• FatPete said:
    I'll add another recommendation for Scratch it - https://www.originalscratchplates.com/. Always good service and Tim's a nice guy to deal with.

If you're not in a rush, I'd make you one for the cost of parts and postage. I'd just need an accurate 1:1 pdf.
    Thank you for the offer, need to get a template sorted... 
    Template sent..