somewhat fishy?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's surprisingly good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got their  ep booster and similarly priced and its excellent 
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    I have the Silver Horse and it's good.
    Don't know how close it is to the Klon but it doesn't sounds as honky as the Soul Food I had.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought one off Ebay. Arrived in 10 days from China and sounded fantastic. However, after two weeks it developed a fault that makes it sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies has been added to the signal along with the fabled transparent boost.

It's now in the 'can't quite bear to bin it' pile in my office and was replaced with a Soul Food.
  • 1/100th of the price of an original one. anyone care to explain why the ridiculous prices or why there's a stash of over a dozen on eBay at £1k+?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never played a Klon, and think that dropping a bag on a pedal is ridiculous. 

The Mosky sounds great at home - wonder how it will fair at practice tonight
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    1/100th of the price of an original one. anyone care to explain why the ridiculous prices or why there's a stash of over a dozen on eBay at £1k+?
    I think they were around $350 IIRC, and the vast majority of that would have been the cast enclosure. Add to that the original was not designed by the builder, so I assume he paid people to design it. There are parts costs (which beyond the enclosure aren't much, but still likely double what the Chinese pedal cost), finally there's his labour as a one man, one card table, operation putting them together. The original pedal was not expensive. Hype and unavailability drove the prices up to a staggering degree, hence the silly money they used to go for.

Then it got traced and the flood gates opened. People with no dev costs and a off the shelf Hammond enclosure could charge way less, so they did. Then it got cloned by the bootweakers, sometimes transparently, sometimes not. Then the EHX Soul Food came along and the market for still expensive clones disappeared.

Then China gets involved, mechanises the whole process and makes it out of the lowest priced components possible and you have a Klone for under £20.

This is just how electronics industry works now, and why there's not a great deal of point designing anything new any more.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm very impressed with the Mosky. Build quality is higher than other Chinese pedals I've tried out and it stacks well either side of the frankly brilliant TC Spark. Can also tighten up a distortion pedal too.

I don't expect it to last forever (in terms of in itself or on my board) but it has consigned a well known TS type pedal to semi-retirement at present and I see no reason to quibble with it whilst it functions.
  • I can't comment on the sounds as the one that arrived does not work...
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3492
    Had one and it died after about three days. On the other hand, I've had three Kokko pedals and they all work and sound great. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited October 2018
    Yes seems consensus is the new Silver Horse is better but the switch seems to be 50-50 operable...?

Is also some buzz around their Deluxe Preamp...

http://www.moskyaudio.com/product/product-68-270.html

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Yes seems consensus is the new Silver Horse is better but the switch seems to be 50-50 operable...?

?
    Mine works fine!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited October 2018
    Cheapest I can get the Golden Horsey right now is £12.63 - new and delivered!! Should I splash out another £3 for the Silver?? or lavish in my savings...?

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>