Flotation Tanks/Therapy

What's Hot
Anyone into this?

A mate of mine does it and really recommends it for a total relaxation experience.

It’s a bit on the pricey side at the moment (pretty niche) but I’d imagine if more places start offering it (as an additional income stream) it would drive the prices down.

£120 for three sessions is the cheapest you can get it for round here. If I felt particularly stressed I’d try it.  

http://www.thefloatingspa.com/

Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited September 2018
    I had a go once but Tom Cruise turned up and plugged me in and started mumbling about 'precogs' and running about waving his arms in front of the TV screen.

It put me off a bit.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In the Jewellery Quarter, perhaps The Fretboard could get a group booking rate for after the guitar show. 

I really, really dislike the idea as it makes me feel claustrophobic. Although my entire knowledge of how it works is based on The Simpsons. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a go once but Tom Cruise turned up and plugged me in and started mumbling about 'precogs' and running about waving his arms in front of the TV screen.

It put me off a bit.
    I have absolutely no idea what that means...

It is said that the sensory deprivation experience can make users hallucinate though!
  • Iamnobody said:
    I had a go once but Tom Cruise turned up and plugged me in and started mumbling about 'precogs' and running about waving his arms in front of the TV screen.

It put me off a bit.
    I have absolutely no idea what that means...

It is said that the sensory deprivation experience can make users hallucinate though!

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Tbf.. Tom Cruise can put you off many things..

But, the sensory deprivation tanks is something I've always wanted to try. I read about then in Jeff Bridges book and they sounded pretty good..
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I booked a session for my ex. The sensory deprivation bit really freaked her out, she hated the whole thing. 
  • boogieman said:
    I booked a session for my ex. The sensory deprivation bit really freaked her out, she hated the whole thing. 
    Excellent - I’ve booked my trouble and strife in for next week. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    edited September 2018
    Cant you just shut your eyes while floating in the swimming pool to save a bit of cash?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    You can lie in my bath with the lights out for a tenner. I'll stick an Enya album on in the background for another quid.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Have you tried sleeping?
  • Gagaryn said:
    You can lie in my bath with the lights out for a tenner. I'll stick an Enya album on in the background for another quid.
    How much for water?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I've no idea why, but the words Verucca and pube soup with sweetcorn croutons come to mind
  • Surprised no one has done it. Or a few aren’t curious. I’ve no intention of doing it at the moment just wondered if it was a thing for fretboarders. 

octatonic said:
    Have you tried sleeping?
    I don’t get that much sleep actually. Maybe 5-6 hours a night. I’ve just started upping my exercise to make me more tired but I’m just not cut out for hitting the sack before midnight. Never really have.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    I've been to this place with people from work, I think it was some kind of special offer:

https://floatworks.com/

It was all right, smells a bit funny and you wonder how hygienic it is.... but it is genuinely quite relaxing.  Then it ends and it's like being at a public swimming pool trying to get your feet properly dry before you put your socks on, which kills the mood a bit. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Before trying it you have to be sure to watch Altered States. Preferably late at night. On your own.
  • You should try a Watsu massage. A beautiful experience
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Id like to give it a whirl but fear that I'd have dreams about murdering people, only to read about a series of murders in my area the next day. Plus it's a bit pricey.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Iamnobody said:

A DIY version can be achieved with a ping pong ball cut in half and placed over your eyes, a red light, and I can't remember if you need white noise or not.
    The Ganzfeld effect.
    A cursory YouTube suggests plenty of instructions.
    Have fun!