Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I bought these.... Really happy with them so New pickup surround day!

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
in Guitar tFB Trader
I've been following a UK company that started recently called Anomaly Guitar Hardware.... Anyway they have designed and had moulds made for these pickup surrounds. There are currently 2 variants available in cream and black. Classic and Modern. I'm over the moon with them I bought the classic set in black as well as the modern set in black. It was a bit of a punt, but they are really good quality plastic, look different to your standard fare and crucially for me, they are made on the UK..

this sounds like an advert, but I just wanted to share my pleasure with what ought to be a mundane bit of guitar hardware... and these are far from it. cant wait to fit them.

https://i.imgur.com/V1QxHxM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X62kbTB.jpg

https://www.anomalyguitar.com
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlvinAlvin Frets: 414
    Like the classic and i am sure they are great quality but a bit over the top regarding the price and there's carriage on top .  They are still only an abs pickup ring .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Alvin said:
    Like the classic and i am sure they are great quality but a bit over the top regarding the price and there's carriage on top .  They are still only an abs pickup ring .
    ^^^
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    Alvin said:
    well, they aren't the cheapest... but the quality is well over and above a standard pickup ring. The design is unique (in a good way) the surface finish to them is fantastic and they are sturdy as can be.

I bought them because they look unique enough to add something to a high end guitar that is over and above the stock flimsy surrounds.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They look great 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    I think that top one looks great - would have to go on the right guitar though I think.  Certainly wouldn't suit everything. 

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540

They do indeed look superb - I don't have any requirement for pickup rings at the moment, but as soon as my next home build kicks off, I'll pay their website another visit.

Thanks for the link,

Adam

I think the cream looks great on this: 

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    SteveF said:
    I think the cream looks great on this: 

Yeah, I regret not buying the cream
    classics..... as they would look ace on one of my guitars 
  • I'm pretty sure a set of official PRS rings cost 40 quid. 
    I'd much prefer the anamoly moderns
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    The classics would look great on an R8.
    just saying 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DrBob said:
    just saying 
    I think I just heard someone (or everyone) on the Les Paul forums fall off their chairs... :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    SteveF said:
    DrBob said:
    just saying 
    I think I just heard someone (or everyone) on the Les Paul forums fall off their chairs... :lol: 
    Well that’s a good start to the day ! 
  • They look good - but recessed height screws and the curvy look was started by PRS on the 408 - so not an original concept....
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    i think they look great, @richardhomer ; not many original concepts left in guitar accessory world, but nice to see young UK designers taking a chance...
    I really like them. I’d put a set of the classics on my 535 except that they would make the pickguard look weird ?
  • DrBob said:
    I really like them. I’d put a set of the classics on my 535 except that they would make the pickguard look weird ?
    Take it off. 
    All the right notes, not always in the right order!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I like, I can see one on my single
    pickup Gordon Smith, although you have to buy both by the looks of it.

A big part for me is the cream looks like a nice colour compared to the usual hearing aid colours you usually get aftermarket.
  • westwest Frets: 996
    DrBob said:
    they look flat , wouldnt you need arched ones for the heritage ?

• SporkySporky Frets: 28034
    Alvin said:
    The Gibson ones are €22... I'd happily pay £4 extra (ish) for these ones - they're much better looking.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    edited September 2018
    I don’t like the Modern at all, it looks like unnecessarily fussy styling for the sake of it. And reminds me of a Black & Decker Workmate...

The Classic is nice and ironically would suit a lot of modern guitars.

I also think he should do a ‘Vintage’ type which look exactly like traditional Gibson ones but fit the top of a Les Paul properly, since that’s the biggest bugbear with the original design. Sell it on quality rather than a new look.

The price does seem high for two pieces of plastic, but the set-up costs are enormous for injection moulding so I doubt he’s making a fortune - and it’s actually less than I was expecting. As already said, PRS ones are more.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom