Beautiful Effects pedals

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
saw these today...its just a beautiful looking pedal...not sure about the durability...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Nice, where did you see them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    The Burst Boost from RS Guitarworks. Many, many of your beer tokens. :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I think it's cool that it's a mahogany case with a maple top. I had a handwired Keeley Fuzz Head in a wooden enclosure and it actually held up quite well. Nice as a collectible, I spose.

Would've bought one if it was a ring modulator ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    Would look better in Goldtop :).

And in any case without the tacky 'Burst Boost' logo.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Soon, you'll be able to get relic ones so you won't be scared of stepping on them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    Seeing as there's a Les Paul style jack plate at the far end, they should have done the near end as a headstock veneer with the Burst Boost logo. Nice idea, well executed though.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Yeah they look really good. I saw this on my tumblr feed, no idea who makes them or how they sound. Its a different way of thinking about enclosures i guess.

But i wouldn't think you would take this out on a pub tour.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    That's pretty damn cool, any ideas what the circuit is? $250 for this says it's overpriced though, whatever it is;

They do a Tele too;

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    it would be a shame if this a form over function type thing...average circuites housed in something cool...but i suspect that may be the case!
    edited April 2014
    You be the judge...

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Well with a form like that it's unlikely to be anything but. Agree that the Burst Boost Logo is terrible but other than that they look great!Nice gimmicky idea for people with too much money!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Nah - the tenon joint is too short, they don't have Tonz
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Ha! Come on, guys, let's face it - There are people charging the same $250 for a board with the same component count in a plain old tin box! For that at least, I like these.
    That's pretty damn cool, any ideas what the circuit is? $250 for this says it's overpriced though, whatever it is;

It's a single-transistor preamp by the look of it, probably similar to an EH LPB-1. The circuit is probably worth about a tenner in parts.

You're not paying $250 for the circuit though, you're paying it for the beautifully-made hand-finished enclosure, which is probably about right. If that's what you want, it doesn't seem that overpriced - if that's a retail price there are a lot of other overheads involved as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited April 2014
    Yep simple FET boost or something like that. Either a LBP-1 or SHO likely.

You're paying for the box and the work that goes into that rather than the circuit there, and for that it doesn't seem unreasonable.
    True, but I see it as overpriced for such a simple effect. Not sure why really but an LPB or SHO don't seem to warrant the effort!
    True, but I see it as overpriced for such a simple effect. Not sure why really but an LPB or SHO don't seem to warrant the effort!
    An original hand-painted SHO isn't a lot cheaper, if at all.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7336
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I have always thought that this is a fun design...
    Very disappointing that they couldn't find more amusing terms for 'intensity', 'volume' and 'bypass'.

Or even output and (presumably) input... which are also on the wrong sides.