SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson ES-335 P90's 2012

What's Hot
JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
Recently purchased this from a Fretboard member. Following my purchase of a 125, my P90 gas had got out of control but having lived with it a couple of weeks the 125 is still the one. Details -

GIBSON ES 335 with P90s. Limited edition guitar made in 2012 in Memphis Custom Shop for Guitar Centre. Aged Faber lightweight stop-tail and bridge with nylon saddles added. (Original bridge and stop-tail included in sale). Coil tap's to both pu's by pulling up on volume pot. Gloss front with satin back and sides. Complete with hard Custom Shop case. Guitar is in perfect condition.

Guitar is in N.Devon and I'd prefer collection, happy to meet up in Exeter if that makes things easier. Looking to get back what I paid, £1,450. **Sold**

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A thing of beauty. GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sure is GLWTS
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Man you do sell some lovely stuff. First the black Albert lee then this. It’s a stunner GLWTS
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    mli3 said:
    Man you do sell some lovely stuff. First the black Albert lee then this. It’s a stunner GLWTS
    Thanks. I found both of them on the Fretboard; around and around and around we go! 
  • This is worth a bump!
    bump...
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    please stop bumping this .. I need to stop looking at it and just forget it exists !!!

mli3 said:
    please stop bumping this .. I need to stop looking at it and just forget it exists !!!

It’s a chain reaction. A Hofner is giving me the siren call.  :)
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    That's lovely, it really is. Obviously a different sound to the 330 - is your ES-125 a '50's version, or a cutaway? Been playing on my 1955 one earlier, and it's just charming. 
    Call me Dave.
    edited September 2018
    DB1 said:
    That's lovely, it really is. Obviously a different sound to the 330 - is your ES-125 a '50's version, or a cutaway? Been playing on my 1955 one earlier, and it's just charming. 
    It’s a 1960, no cutaway, the thinline version. Considering they were the student model of the day, I'm blown away by the quality of it. Sounds beautiful plugged or unplugged. It's my first Gibson 6 string and I'm completely besotted.

The 330 is a different kind of guitar, made for a much better player than I'll ever be; the 125T suits me fine.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Same as mine (head on) but mine's the 'fat line' version. Absolutely lovely. The Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin does a very good impression of the Gibson and is my 'travel guitar' - it goes with me whenever I go away anywhere. 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bump
    bump
    That really is slobberlicious!
    Call me Dave.