SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: R&R SOLO 50W rack head, £350

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26566
edited December 2018 in Amps £
This is my second time owning this amp, and...sadly, due to money pressures (and the Salvo not selling), it's gotta go.

(apologies for the crap photo, it's in the car at the moment)

It's a full two-channel 50W head in a single 1U rack space. Honestly, it sounds pretty great - in fact, it's the very one that Rob Chapman reviewed way back when (I bought it off him shortly after this video came out):

It's got a "proper" clean channel and a drive channel with two gain modes. The loop is switchable in/out and parallel/serial (with send/return/mix level knobs), and on top of that it's switchable 15W/50W and can be used as a preamp only with the power amp disengaged. I've actually been using it as a power amp only for my Helix, and while it does sound great for that...it's a bit of a waste of a great amp.

Now, it's been modified slightly - the original (apparently quite fragile) power and output transformers blew while it was in the care of the guy I originally sold it to, so they've been replaced with the ones from a Marshall 20/20 power amp (I believe), which is something of an upgrade but has reduced the maximum power output to closer to 40W. Having used it both before and after the replacement, I can honestly say it doesn't have any real-world effect on the sound.

So...comes with a footswitch (channel and loop on/off), £350 with meetup preferred...
<space for hire>
rr_solo.jpg 714.6K
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments