Halestorm

Just finished seeing them live in Glasgow. Phenomenal. One of the best gigs I've been to. Stunning show, very "heavy." Great vocals, great guitar and bass, great light show. 10/10. Love them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Saw them a couple of years ago supporting Blackstone Cherry. The guitarist was using a Fender Tonemaster amp, absolutely filthy tone :)
  • The most annoying things about Halestorm:

1 - Their albums come across as almost pop, whereas their live sound is much heavier and closer to what I want to listen to.

2 - Every female singer out there lists Halestorm as their influence when they're putting ads up (just like Amy Lee), but they never sound anything close and it drives me up the fucking wall.
    <space for hire>
  • Yep I was pleasantly surprised how heavy it was!! Really really really good...

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited September 2018
    It was also super loud.... Even with my ACS on my ears are slightly ringing. Can't believe people don't wear hearing protection as standard. 

Forget the first support band (female duo, were good). Second was "avatar" which was an experience lol 

They all put on a good "show" (theatrics etc). I think I heard Lizzy say they've been a band for 21 years (??) - in any case, there's a real authority and aura of 'rockdom" that really shone through that you get from putting in the hard hours. Damn good stuff.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2392
    A mate of mine is on tour with them doing a behind the scenes photoshoot / album; she says they're all really nice people as well, which always helps!