Alternatives to Pedaltrain..???

Hi folks,

Thinking of overhauling my board (Pedaltrain Pro) and wondered if there are any (hopefully cheaper!) alternatives. 

If not, is it posible to buy just the flightcases from Pedaltrain? My pedalboard bag is at the end of the road!

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    You could get a generic flightcase for it.
    If it's the right size, then I'd stick with the PT, as they've thought out things pretty well.
    You can get cheap Chinese ones; I have a mini and also a PT mini; the Chinese one is heavier and doesn't have the underside space.
  • The Thomman ones are pretty decent for a lot less money. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • The thoman are rebranded Palmer boards. You can get a custom flightcase made in many places, only the bags are hard to come by. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    I've got a Palmer pedalbay which I think is better (more adjustable) as well as being quite a bit cheaper. 
  • prowla said:
    You could get a generic flightcase for it.
    If it's the right size, then I'd stick with the PT, as they've thought out things pretty well.
    You can get cheap Chinese ones; I have a mini and also a PT mini; the Chinese one is heavier and doesn't have the underside space.
    Any recommendations as to where? Not ordered a flightcase for years.

Thanks!
  • The Thomman ones are pretty decent for a lot less money. 
    They look interesting, just concerned I might not be able to fit my Truetone CS12 underneath
  • Check rockboard stuff
  • The new Rockboard range is currently the best unit on the market right now. I use the Trio and its superb. 
  • The thoman are rebranded Palmer boards. You can get a custom flightcase made in many places, only the bags are hard to come by. 
    Any links to these many places that offer custom flight cases?
  • I’ve bought flight cases from Castle Cases for a large flat pedalboard, an amp head case and a rolling 19” rack with a removable top for a 16 channel mixer. They can make anything to your dimensions, and it’s likely they have already built something for another Pedaltrain user.

Highly Recommended
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Can recommend https://ruach-music.com/ their boards are great.

put two identical boards together earlier this year using them...

• Another shout for the Palmer Pedalbay - the middle slats are movable, and the power supply mounting arrangement is much more sensible (no drilling required).
    <space for hire>
  • The new Rockboard range is currently the best unit on the market right now. I use the Trio and its superb. 

Yeah I've got a Rockboard.

Seems very solid and tons cheaper than a Pedaltrain
  • Does anyone have any experience of the T-Rex Tonetrunks?  I'm starting to collect a few pedals and my Lidl chopping board isn't, er, cutting it any more.  Having the second row elevated seems potentially better to me.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    And another vote for the Palmer, sturdy, adjustable, comes with a quaility bag and cheap as chips. I picked up a warehouse deal on Amazon but it is excellent value even at the full £60 - I got this model - http://amzn.eu/d/enLyeL8

You can fit this on it -