Pedal Renting

What's Hot
DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
edited April 2014 in FX
Came across this US site by accident, I don't think anyone's doing it in the UK:

At first I thought it was a genius idea that allows you to try all this high end stuff before you buy.

But then again, as long as you could rustle up a couple of hundred quid stake, you could probably just buy second hand pedals and then punt them on after a fortnight for the same money, only ever laying out a few quid for P&P here and there?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17577
    tFB Trader
    DannyP said:
    But then again, as long as you could rustle up a couple of hundred quid stake, you could probably just buy second hand pedals and then punt them on after a fortnight for the same money, only ever laying out a few quid for P&P here and there?
    That's pretty much what I do. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 959
    There was a guy on MR who started doing this.

In the surface a good idea but it cost something like £20 plus p&p to rent a decent pedal and as has been said, if you're canny you can DIY better.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    www.pedalsforhire.net

No longer in operation. Guy in Bath was running it, bought three or four pedals from me to then put out on the hire market. Closed up in October 2012. Not surprised, it was never going to bring in much money and would have been a giant hassle for sod all financial return. 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    Indeed, i like to think of my revolving door of GAS as renting stuff, then flipping it on, if you buy sensibly, you would lose less doing that (only postage potentially as you say) than it would cost if somebody was trying to run a business for it...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    ...I might write a letter to Aldi and Lidl and express the massive interest there would be if they introduced some guitar pedal specials...!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>