Rosewell Amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 777
    edited October 6
    The Vaccines one was mine briefly i returned it this morning, i bought it via the net. Lovely amp but yes didnt grab me enough either. Funny enough im looking at the Tweed Deluxe/Princeton/Deluxe Reverb myself but havent tried all back to back. What made you settle for the Princeton @shaunm ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 954
    The Vaccines one was mine briefly i returned it this morning, i bought it via the net. Lovely amp but yes didnt grab me enough either. Funny enough im looking at the Tweed Deluxe/Princeton/Deluxe Reverb myself but havent tried all back to back. What made you settle for the Princeton @shaunm ?
    Ah, he said he had just got that one back in. It was a good amp, not for me though.

The reason I went for the Princeton. My amps I have already are a JTM45, A Vox AC15 and a Laney Lionheart 4x10. When I tried the big tweed I thought the JTM cleans were nicer though I loved the breakup on the tweed it was just too loud by that point and I’d never use it.

I tried both variants of the Princeton. I love the 65 but the 68 gave me the Peter Green sound or maybe Mike Bloomfield. I just liked it. I A/B/C’d the two Princeton’s and the deluxe reverb and I liked them all. However the 22 watt custom deluxe reverb sounded lovely, there was just no reason to buy it over the 68 Princeton. I didn’t really like the vintage channel and the custom channel sounded just like the Princeton. 

Ultimately the little Fender gives me a sound I didn’t have in any of my other amps. The tweed sound I already have something close. I tend to use an amp for a specific job, I don’t like multi channel amps, I prefer a good amp to do one thing well and the Princeton has a sound of its own. Just like the Vox, JTM45 and the Laney. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 777
    Agree im a plug and play type and prefer most if not all of the sound direct from the amp. Not big on effects etc. Interesting the 68 sounded better. Must try and A/B them.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 2094
    I have the 68 Princeton it's a great amp for home. With a tubescreamer it's great. I particularly like the tremolo. 
    I’m sure there are many who prefer the 65, it’s a great amp. Just for me I loved the 68. Perhaps looking at the amps I have it’s all about the break up? All of them have an easily accessable break up point.  
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 107
    @shaunm you didn't buy it? Damn you man!
    P.S. you need to come over soon and try the newbies
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    @horsehead I didn’t, it was just too much, way more than I could reasonably use. Sounded good though when it did break up. 

We do need a gear day, @Panama_Jack666 and I have one booked in too
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 107
    shaunm said:
    @horsehead I didn’t, it was just too much, way more than I could reasonably use. Sounded good though when it did break up. 

We do need a gear day, @Panama_Jack666 and I have one booked in too

Lucky sods! Let me know when you're around and available!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter