SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN - JXG Esquire

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited April 2014 in Guitars £
So I bought another Jazzmaster and realised I can't justify keeping both of my Esquires. I'm going to put them both up for sale but I'm guessing there will be much more interest in this one than my other battered, scrapyard dog. 

Probably all I really need to tell you is that this was made by JXG as a special order for @Shugz. For those of you who know Hugh, aka @Shugz, you'll know the thought and care that went into this build. It has the most beautiful dark, smooth Brazilian rosewood neck, that has a substantial profile, one piece body, a very nice Broadcaster pickup and the very best available hardware, all aged to a light relic. I'll try and get more details from Hugh or John about the neck profile but it has medium jumbo frets and a very playable profile. It is a very fine instrument built by an exceptional luthier. It will be supplied in its TGI light flightcase.

There are a couple of very minor issues I need to deal with soon... it has Schaller strap locks fitted and the head of one of the screws is borked... not an issue if you're planning using straplocks anyway. The only other issue is that the relicing on the volume control's grub screw has left it a bit tight. It doesn't matter to me as I have no need to take it off, but if you do, it might take a little bit of WD40 to get it loose. If need be, I can get both of this things addressed before shipping.

The guitar is in Edinburgh and of course I'd rather sell it locally or work out some kind of meeting, but if need be, it can be delivered by courier. I'll be heading to Bradford in a week for a few days so could possibly deliver on my way. 

Of course I don't want to sell it, but I should. I'll have other guitars up for sale in the next few days, and I'll be hoping they go first.

WITHDRAWN

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Beautiful,
    Want,
    as expected..

I'm too poor,
    also predictable..

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Sorry folks... already on hold pending handwringing and soul searching and assorted negotiations.  
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Thank Christ for that. Saves me losing sleep over it !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No, you should still lose sleep over it... I certainly will. ;)
    I probably still will.
    I'm a huge fan of single pickup guitars made by John. My 40th Birthday JXG DC Jr absolutely slays all comers so I'm imagining this Esquire is another killer.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    DrBob said:
    I probably still will.
    I'm a huge fan of single pickup guitars made by John. My 40th Birthday JXG DC Jr absolutely slays all comers so I'm imagining this Esquire is another killer.
    @DrBob - when Camf mentioned wringing-of-hands, I'd assumed it was you ;)

It is a drop-dead killer indeed. Another custom built JXG is very high up my list of wants at the moment. 
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Hot Damn......!!

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Cracking guitar, played this a while back.  Light and resonant but powerful tone, big U profile neck!
    Thanks ESchap. It's one of these guitars that just feels right. It's only been a nagging feeling I could really use a Jazzmaster for some recording stuff that's led me to thinking about parting with it. But I know I'll regret it at various times in the future. 
    JookyChap;209577" said:
    DrBob said:

I probably still will.

@DrBob - when Camf mentioned wringing-of-hands, I'd assumed it was you ;)
    Mate, I was staring at my white Esquire Partscaster and thinking " Ah she'll never notice"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I wasn't kidding when I said this was a tough guitar to let go... and it seems I'm not alone in thinking that. A deal has been done and it's going to be reunited with its creator. Hug(h)e sigh of relief all round? :)