34 Differnte Types of Beer

What's Hot
Hi everyone, in the last purchase I made the shipping costs was free, I have ordered several types of beers to have in the fridge.

What does it look like?.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You've druny'd them all haven't you? ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    You've druny'd them all haven't you? ;)
    Defnetty has B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Who's playing on the backing track?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292

What does it look like?.

An almighty hangover.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    edited September 2018
    Go for quality rather than quantity next time. 

There are some nice ones there, and some fillers
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    And not 34 types either .Mostly European in origin, missing significant styles from the English speaking world. Missing the the IPA, DIPA, NEIPA, RIS , porters,  etc.etc.
  • Your use of the word "beer" is somewhat generic. A lot of those look like lagers. I could choose more ales than that even around here where cider seems to be more of a thing, and I wouldn't have to use the fridge.

I think lager is sold chilled because if you could taste it, you wouldn't want to drink it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @Phil_aka_Pip lager is beer. Beer is the catchall for fermented malted grains. A lot of those probably aren't "lagers" but weiss, hefeweizen, wheat, bocks or stuff that we ale drinkers would lump.in with lagers but aren't. And Johnny foreigner wouldn't necessarily recognise the word lager,  reverting to pilsner or other variant. Lager just means "store".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    @WezV for a brewer’s view.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.

I think lager is sold chilled because if you could taste it, you wouldn't want to drink it.
    It certainly helps give it mass appeal, same with cider.  All beer has an ideal temperature which suits it best.

It's extending to ale now too, and not just the American "craft" stuff. Itsvbecoming a lot  more common for pubs to ask us to make their handpulls cold :(  For me it's the wrong temperature for the liquid, but many want that.

There are loads of great "lagers" once you step outside the generic mass market stuff. 
    Even they have very distinct flavours.  In simple terms Carling is like sweetcorn, fosters is more vanilla, Bud is quite ricey

Personally I like my beers dark and strong, but I still enjoy a cold pilsner on a warm day 

It's amazing how many different styles you can get from the same 4 ingredients.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    There's some nice beers there, but if I'm right that I spotted a banana one, that's putrid.

Mind you, I haven't had an alcoholic drink for a while now; I went to the pub after work on Friday and had a beer, a non-alcoholic Erdinger.
  • @hywelg ; yes "beer" is certainly a catchall, maybe I should have just said that I didn't see any ales represented ... I have tried various other forms of "beer" and while I know that I can't write it all off as "eurofizz", that's the conclusion I am often led to draw
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    edited September 2018
    @hywelg ;; yes "beer" is certainly a catchall, maybe I should have just said that I didn't see any ales represented ... I have tried various other forms of "beer" and while I know that I can't write it all off as "eurofizz", that's the conclusion I am often led to draw
    Yes once you see Stella and Corona in a collection my interest wanes rapidly . 

Now you're over that side of the country keep an eye open for Salopian beers, mostly excellent. 
  • hywelg said:

Now you're over that side of the country keep an eye open for Salopian beers, mostly excellent. 
    so far I've tried Butty Bach and HPA. Also beers from the Otter, and Ludlow breweries
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Got a bottle of the Paulaner Weiss in the fridge, lovely stuff.
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    WezV said:
    Go for quality rather than quantity next time. 

There are some nice ones there, and some fillers
    This. Stella? Budweiser? :)

At the moment, I've a couple of cans of Gamma Ray in the fridge. Trying to not keep too much beer or wine indoors as the temptation to bust a couple open late night gets too strong - which doesn't mix well with an 8 week old baby.

My current beer of choice for 'aving a pint is Bibble IPA from the keg. I'm forever trotting down St John to have some of that at lunchtime.

Favourite beers altogether at the moment is the Hitachino range, probably the Saison or White Ale.

Both Stella (Belgian Pilsner) and Budweiser (American Lite) are very good examples of their respective style.  Not for me, but they are not bad beers

just like Duchess De Bourgogne is an excellent example of a Flanders Red Ale, Bud is the perfect example of an American Lite.   Most traditional ale drinkers would turn their nose up at either of them

If you get chance and are interested in beer,  and want to expand your palette its fun to work through the styles  using something like the table below (others are available)...nice to have a couple of examples of each, even the commercial lagers.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

On a normal day, I'm quite happy with Old Peculiar, especially now it's getting chillier outside.

If the sun is shining I quite like Scarlet Macaw from Oakham.

Last Christmas, and for this Christmas it will have to be Bingham's Vanilla Stout. It's bloody lovely.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    Who's playing on the backing track?
    Hi Merlin, is a free copyright song from Youtube. The tittle is "Blue Creek Trail" 
  • scrumhalf said:

What does it look like?.

An almighty hangover.
     :3  :3  :3  :3