Laney IRT Studio Setup Questions

DixieDixie Frets: 9
I recently bought a Laney IRT Studio with the idea that I could use it directly into my studio monitors (from the DI socket on the amp into the DI on the monitors via a "Y splitter" cable straight in the monitors).  However after getting it plugged in I'm not hearing anything...

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here? The diagram in the manual shows an example of the amp straight into a powered cab, could it be that the powered studio monitors aren't up to the job, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DixieDixie Frets: 9
    After not getting it working it was stuck in the wardrobe in frustration.  If anyone has any advice on how to set up the IRT studio with powered monitors it'd be really appreciated.

Cheers
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 289
    It may be worth contacting Laney directly to ask them. There is a contact form on the website. The manual is fairly high level, which is a shame as it's a good amp and quite versatile.
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    Pretty sure I just put mine through some monitors - was a while ago now but sure it was fairly straight forward. Might wanna contact Laney in case it's a fault.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    A few things to check:
    Make sure it's set to +4db using the dipswitch on the back.
    Make sure Master Volume is set High, it could just be really quiet. 
    Try using the Headphone Jack instead. 
    Try using USB and see if you get any output. 
    Make sure the cables are working.