Metal Zone Jokes

LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
With the recent explosion of youtube guitar types using the MT-2 and making them sound pretty good through the fx loop..

Is it still ok to make jokes about them? Or is the joke now on us?

And before you mention that they were already a pretty good eq pedal.. we're not talking about that. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    It's really important to remember that if you're going to do this, you must run the pedal *into* the FX loop return as he's doing, ie guitar > MT-2 > FX return - and not *in* the FX loop, ie guitar > amp > FX send > MT-2 > FX return.

If you put it *in* the loop there's a very good chance you will make the amp self-oscillate and could damage it in extreme cases. Using it as an external preamp into the FX return is fine.

I must admit I've always found it perfectly possible to get usable sounds out of them into a clean amp anyway - I would never run one into a dirty amp, but then I wouldn't with any heavy distortion pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom