NAD ... well actually, new thingy day. Might be an amp one day.

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
in Amps tFB Trader
I love car boot sales - visiting relatives in Hexham and snagged this funky looking thing. 

As far as I can tell it's a very early valve-powered multimeter. Appears to measure inductance, capacitance and resistance. Unless anyone can put me straight - @ICBM maybe?

Has some lovely Mullard British valves in  - EF86, 12AX7, 12AY7 and a 6X4 rectifier. 

I'm itching to build an amp into this thing, keeping all the dials intact. Only trouble is it weighs an absolute tonne!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I think it’s the original Flux Capacitor from ‘Back to the Future’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    It's not that early - it's late early 60s from the styling and knob types, and the valves.

This is the slightly later TF1313A version, but the functions look the same...

https://sites.google.com/site/marconiinstrumentslimited/tf1313a-universal-bridge

Basically a sophisticated meter for measuring reactive loads.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • its the new iphone XX
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    My late father in law was an electrical engineer and he had stuff like this laying around his workshop. Unfortunately after his death we had no clue what it was for and it ended up at the dump. I just felt it was wrong throwing them. Could have been used by a film prop company or builder like yourself but alas I never knew of this forum then. Such a shame and a waste and still feel bad about throwing it being his life's work tools etc  :(

If he was alive today we'd be building an amp together 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/