Tonerider pickups

How good are these? I've heard great things, but are they really an upgrade on a £1k + guitar? I've just got the a Rebel P90 for the neck of my 335 after some people raved about them.

But need some new pickups in my tele (USA Thinline Deluxe) as its currently a bit too 'harsh' and trebly.
Been looking at Bareknuckles for forever, but since these are so much cheaper and people seem to love them, are they worth a shot instead? or will I end up wanting to buy more anyway? My tele currently has the N3 noiseless tele pickups I believe.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Perhaps cheaper to experiment with some different pot & cap values first?
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    JD50 said:
    Perhaps cheaper to experiment with some different pot & cap values first?
    This could be a good shout.

I have no idea how to go about this though haha!

I dont actually know whats in there? Is it a lower or higher pot value that would knock off some of the treble?
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Telecasters normally have 250k pots. Changing to 500k, which is what you use for humbuckers, would make the guitar even brighter. The capacitor in a Tele is typically .220. Increasing that to .330 or .470 will take out the treble.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I fitted Tonerider Alnico IIs in a Fernandes Ravelle as a cheap alternative, blew all over the SD JB/Jazz set already in it.
    They are good pickups, irrespective of price.