Digitech RP360

monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17601
in FX tFB Trader
I'm a big fan of the G3, but it has a few flaws namely no line in, poor reverbs and no patch mode

The Digitech RP360 seems to fix all these issues and also have all the functions of the G3 (other than an XLR out)

So who's tried one and are they any good?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Not tried one but thinking of picking one up just for giggles (seen them for £120), wouldn't put it on my board but would use it to give a few more ambient type sounds now and again at the end of my board. Would also use the looper and the amp sims for some practice.

Only worry is the amp sims on Digitech's of old (I'm going back a few years but not sure they've really developed), I remember them being pretty toy-like.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17601
    tFB Trader
    The amp models aren't that big of a deal as I'd only use them with headphones. 

Having read up it looks like you can only have one of each type of effect which seems silly as one of the great things about the G3 is the ability to have 6 delays if you want. 

It does however have the choice of bank, patch and stomp mode which is so what the G3 needs. 
    For info, I tried one today for a good while. The interface is really nice but sound-wise it's an utter toy. Presets are hilariously bad, programming them obviously improves the situation but ultimately it still sounds like crap.
    tFB Trader
    Ah that's a big shame. 

It looked brilliant on paper. 

Is it true that a patch can only have one delay and one mod?

Zoom need to do a G3 Mk2 and fix the issues that stop it from being perfect. 
    Yes only one effect category at a time, not a major show-stopper for me but I can see why for some. TBH, I've not tried the g3 so can't compare the two, it just sounded small and digital to me, whereas I was looking for big lush soundscapes. Ah well, I guess too much to ask for £120.

Wish the Eventide H9 was just a tad cheaper.........
    tFB Trader
    Give the G3 a go, the mods and delays are great. 

The amp modelling and distortions are fairly good for what they are and I don't like the reverb, but others do.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    I had an older RP500 which I always thought sounded the business.  Amp sims were fairly accurate I thought and the gainy stuff was the most "organic" I've heard from a MFX.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684

RobDavies said:
    I had an older RP500 which I always thought sounded the business.  Amp sims were fairly accurate I thought and the gainy stuff was the most "organic" I've heard from a MFX.
    When I saw Skid Row last year Dave Sabo was using an RP1000 with a Peavey 5150 head. Couldn't be sure exactly what was going on but fairly sure the XLR connections were being used to DI into the PA.