House of Love

streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
Before Bernard Butler but after Johnny Marr we had a brief look at Terry Bickers.

Really liked what he was doing, especially in that song. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Absolutely one of my favourites.  Although to be fair highly erratic output which went between brilliance and rubbish. 

I love that House of Love album which is often called "Fontana" (but I think that's the name of the label).  Great album.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    Nice, you gave me a blast from the past there. Shine On was a fave song of mine back in the day. That song in the OP had vibes of Echo and the Bunnymen, another band I like.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    Grunfeld said:
    Absolutely one of my favourites.  Although to be fair highly erratic output which went between brilliance and rubbish. 

I love that House of Love album which is often called "Fontana" (but I think that's the name of the label).  Great album.
    I've only got a best-of compilation, but even there there's a bit of 'brilliance to rubbish' going on. The brilliant stuff really is, though.

A long time ago I was in a band with a singer-songwriter who reminded me strongly of Guy Chadwick, although I don't think he could see it himself.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    This is more simplistic but the tone is really good, some modulation but still *cough* organic sounding.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Terry Bickers. Used to really like him.

For a time I was into the band he formed after HOL called Levitation. 1991 or so. Rather more psychedlic and spacey in feel and approach.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Levitation were brilliant! Indie prog!
    I get the impression that Bickers was a bit too out of it for it to continue. Great live band.