synergy amp modules

What's Hot
FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
edited October 2018 in Amps
Quite like the look of these especially the Friedman HBE module. 

I know theres flexibility here but £875 for the host unit and a module to get you started seems a little steep given I’ve just paid £349 for a quality full valve  victory preamp

Can appreciate you’re getting the flexibility but it is still digital 

Some U.S store reviews very mixed on sound quality compared to original HBE

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/search/?Query=Synergy+Amps&searchoverride=
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    edited October 2018
    The modules are not digital - none of the Synergy / Randall MTS / Egnater DS modules are digital - they are all dual 12ax7 (ECC83) loaded:

While I tend to agree I think of all the Synergy modules I've heard the HBE is the weakest (I've also got the VH4 and SLO ones) I think that is due to it being the most affected by the amp section - bad amp section and the HBE sounds thin - stick it through something good and it sounds fairly amazing.

On the money side of things - I've got three modules HBE / VH4 / SLO - amps would cost £3K + £2.5K + £4K, my modules Syn2 preamp and Fryette power station cost £2.5K. I've still got a VH4 and I used to have a SLO the modules are close enough I can't tell in a blind test
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The modules are not digital - none of the Synergy / Randall MTS / Egnater DS modules are digital - they are all dual 12ax7 (ECC83) loaded:

While I tend to agree I think of all the Synergy modules I've heard the HBE is the weakest (I've also got the VH4 and SLO ones) I think that is due to it being the most affected by the amp section - bad amp section and the HBE sounds thin - stick it through something good and it sounds fairly amazing.

On the money side of things - I've got three modules HBE / VH4 / SLO - amps would cost £3K + £2.5K + £4K, my modules Syn2 preamp and Fryette power station cost £2.5K. I've still got a VH4 and I used to have a SLO the modules are close enough I can't tell in a blind test
    Thanks for the heads up. The reviews I read people were moaning in was digital so that’s great to hear. 

That’s a pity that the HBE is the weakest as thats the one I was looking at as I’m not sure the standard model version has enough gain 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11591
    tFB Trader
    It may be an expensive system to buy into but once you are into it , it's a delight.

It's like buying that first VHS player or DVD player - expensive to begin with but then you can keep renting or buying movies

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It may be an expensive system to buy into but once you are into it , it's a delight.

It's like buying that first VHS player or DVD player - expensive to begin with but then you can keep renting or buying movies

I’m more into amps these days then a total guitars as I’ve got enough of those now. 

I’d be running it through the poweramp of one of my amps and they’re all high quality amps

Cornford MK50
    Cornford RK100
    Carvin Legacy 3

I really like this preamp concept and love the Victory Kraken I’ve just bought and  if it’s going to stick around then could be fun. Definitely fancy having the Friedman tone without paying 3-4K

Was really banking in the HBE being great though 
  • Running either a Syn1 or Syn2 through a good effect loop the HBE will sound good, great even - I'd be willing to bet that if you run it through the RK100 it will be very close to the actual amp!

That said my advice would still be to get the SLO one, it's astonishingly good :)
  • Buy the synergy 30 head. I have had all the other units and I find the head unit really fantastic
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Are they still coming down in price in the UK? I heard news of a price drop.....