Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Apprentice.

What's Hot

Comments

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 775
    Snags said:
    <Boring old fart>
    I really don't get the appeal of watching a bunch of utter arseholes with no commendable qualities behave like selfish children with no self-awareness and no attempt to give them an epiphany that just maybe they and all their 'ideals' are the problem.

I also reckon the Apprentice actively contributes to an increasing incidence of similar behaviour and attitude by people at my clients. Which will shortly lead to some of them being ex-clients. It normalises utter amoral teflon ****ishness. 

Vapid wankers contributing directly to the downfall of civilisation. Mutter mumble munt.</Boring Old Fart>

@Snags : You are now my favourite fretboarder, I will now follow you and like all of your posts on every social media platform you are on.

Oh!

Anyway, wis'd and would have lol'd too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited October 2018
    I'd have fired the north American lass ( not sure if Yankie or Canadian) last night as well as the northern lass - Hated both immensely regarding their attitudes - You'd hate having to put up with either moaning like that all day

Made me laugh when one said 'where is Malta' and one replied 'near Spain' - then a pause - 'I think'

Worse than that .. from the BBC ...

Sabrina Stocker said: ‘I think it’s [Malta] in the south of Spain?’

:-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Gassage said:
    Snags said:
    <Boring old fart>
    I really don't get the appeal of watching a bunch of utter arseholes with no commendable qualities behave like selfish children with no self-awareness and no attempt to give them an epiphany that just maybe they and all their 'ideals' are the problem.

I also reckon the Apprentice actively contributes to an increasing incidence of similar behaviour and attitude by people at my clients. Which will shortly lead to some of them being ex-clients. It normalises utter amoral teflon ****ishness. 

Vapid wankers contributing directly to the downfall of civilisation. Mutter mumble munt.</Boring Old Fart>

Not much of a fan then?

To be honest, I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole thing.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    @kaypeejay Don't worry, I'll disappoint you soon enough ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife and I watch it. They do seem to get a right bunch of idiots on there though these days. At the end of the last series, when they all get to submit their business ideas, it was as though they were all a pile of shit and Lord Sugar had a real job to decide which was the least worst. In the end he chose to invest in 2.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    My wife and I watch it. They do seem to get a right bunch of idiots on there though these days. At the end of the last series, when they all get to submit their business ideas, it was as though they were all a pile of shit and Lord Sugar had a real job to decide which was the least worst. In the end he chose to invest in 2.
    The investing in two was a bit of a cop out i thought...

With the business plans being shit, i'm not sure how much he really looks at them. I think he looks at the idea more than the plan as most of the ones that have won in the past have had their plans radically changed.. similarity being that they are vaguely in the same industry.

Not all obviously.. there have been a few candidates in the past who have actually had something on their shoulders but still...
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    An assemblence of fucktards. 

Sugar must be being paid a fortune to befriend one of that lot. 

And is it a contractual requirement that they have to be in pyjamas during the big reveal of who hasn't been fired? Some of the ladies may as well have had their tits out. We're they hoping Nuts magazine were watching?

They should do a series with credible business people. It would be far more watchable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    edited October 2018
    Call me picky, but if one of those illiterate uneducated cunts uses ‘myself’ again when they actually should use ‘me’ or ‘I’, I will commit Apprenticide.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    RMJ said:

They should do a series with credible business people. It would be far more watchable.
    Nah, might work for a Bloomberg audience but the rest of us just want to watch bellends in sharp suits trying to flog a job lot of hair conditioner.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    LuttiS said:

So we did link the video again? Called it. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    so which one of them has this great idea for an 'online garden center'...??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Used to love it but it’s just became reality tv now, get arseholes in who are good for a sound bite and not really good for much else. 
    “ if anyone gets in my way I will throw them under the bus, I will shag the bus whilst driving the bus over them” type people. 
    Shame was decent tv once upon a time 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    I've always liked the programme and I still like to kid myself it's a cut above the likes of Love Island because they actually have to do something, but it's definitely in decline.

Each year the candidates are that little bit more vapid and narcissistic, chosen more for their looks and big-headedness than their business plans (which are generally laughable).  Nowadays they're all really there because they want to be famous and, if they're lucky, they might even get on CBB or something.

Watched the first episode on iPlayer, they're all twats and I hate them all... but I always think that after the first week.  By the end they'll be familiar and there'll be one or two I don't completely despise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    edited October 2018
    Philly_Q said:
    I've always liked the programme and I still like to kid myself it's a cut above the likes of Love Island because they actually have to do something, but it's definitely in decline.

Each year the candidates are that little bit more vapid and narcissistic, chosen more for their looks and big-headedness than their business plans (which are generally laughable).  Nowadays they're all really there because they want to be famous and, if they're lucky, they might even get on CBB or something.

Watched the first episode on iPlayer, they're all twats and I hate them all... but I always think that after the first week.  By the end they'll be familiar and there'll be one or two I don't completely despise.
    I’m not so sure with this series , I think we are gonna spend the whole thing hoping they fail, or die 
  • Philly_Q said:

The only difference between Love Island and the Apprentice is that the contestants wear more cloths .

At least the contestants on Love Island don't pretend to be business guru's ,  they just want to get their leg over on National TV .
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I’m not so sure with this series , I think we are gonna spend the whole thing hoping they fail, or die 
     Isn't that the general formula for the last few years? :)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    The reason programmes like this succeed is they make the viewer feel superior.  By parading a selection of morons / tone-deaf freaks / narcissists & talentless pillocks, even better if they have a personality disorder, we get to sit in mocking judgement from our armchairs and bask in the warm glow of smug superiority.

It’s a very addictive drug - especially for the millions of people who have few real-life opportunities to feel that they are better than others.  Even if you’re a complete waste of oxygen, sitting in your filthy living room surrounded by empty crisp packets and cans of Ace lager, you too can point at the TV and laugh.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    I don't watch it (saw a bit once because it was filmed in a building I designed for), but I do read the threads in the hope of a good quote I can reuse. Favourite so far is "don't tell me the sky's the limit - there are footprints on the moon!". Which I have used in real life. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    Emp_Fab said:
    The reason programmes like this succeed is they make the viewer feel superior.  By parading a selection of morons / tone-deaf freaks / narcissists & talentless pillocks, even better if they have a personality disorder, we get to sit in mocking judgement from our armchairs and bask in the warm glow of smug superiority.

It’s a very addictive drug - especially for the millions of people who have few real-life opportunities to feel that they are better than others.  Even if you’re a complete waste of oxygen, sitting in your filthy living room surrounded by empty crisp packets and cans of Ace lager, you too can point at the TV and laugh.
    bit like coming here then!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>