Multi Modulation Pedal Placement

preston61preston61 Frets: 690
edited October 2018 in FX

I've always been intrigued as to where people place these as you've usually got effects like Chorus for example which tend to sound better at the start of your chain. Then you have Tremolo which is usually at the end, after delays and reverbs (when thinking of it like an amp). I'm thinking of a purely clean tone, I know having overdrive can change where you place certain types of effects as well.

So where do you put yours?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 950
    Hello mate - I'd put mine after any wahs, drives and distortions, in that middle section between those and things like delays and reverbs. I personally don't have a preference on tremolo but I quite like to chop the signal after drives and allow it to be delayed and reverbed so in the middle is fine with me too. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • In the middle. Sort of.

I have a trem first in line, then fuzz, then wah, light overdrive, univibe, multimod (Chorus/ Phase / Flange / Trem / Vibe / Filter), then more drive, tuner, delay. Effectively that means I can have mod before or after drive, depending on how each works best. 
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    My tremelo and univibe are second and third in the chain after compressor and before overdrive/distortion and then delay. 

I am not sure of the perceived "correct" order, but on my board, with my playing, into my amp I prefer it that way, having tried various orders.