HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 12556
    sgosden said:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line-6-hx-stomp-video-answers-to-all-your-questions.1981427/

stealing the data leaks from TGP

Edit - video taken down before it could be watched :(

I watched some of it - not particularly exciting, and it had a lot of really annoying background noise.
    "Mains is ouchy if you get it up you" - Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2194
    Sporky said:
    It's adorable!

Oooh. How about two of those in the loops of a Helix?
    I was thinking along similar lines
    juat offloading 1 amp and cab block to a seperate DSP would give me a bunch more room
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 680
    Sporky said:
    It's adorable!

Oooh. How about two of those in the loops of a Helix?

mini helix controlling the Amp modelling, with big helix as a massive everchanging pedal board? sounds pretty wow to me!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 1469
    I've toyed so much with whether or not to get a HX but this one really appeals
     www.cairoeast.co.uk - Madness Tribute band (Bass Player) and guitarist elsewhere
    Feedback - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57885/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 1245
    edited October 4
    Ooh, the link in the original post doesn't/has been taken down now, and TGP thread above has gone as well..

Did someone in marketing shoot their load prematurely?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 619
    Ooh, the link in the original post doesn't/has been taken down now, and TGP thread above has gone as well..

Did someone in marketing shoot their load prematurely?
    Think so! Not that it matters now....
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 680
    Ol' frank on TGP suggested the relase was about 12 hours early and that Dig-igloo will be sad
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 798
    Oops. Too late now, we all know about it.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 7856
    Actually...scratch that.
    On the back, we have this:

On the left side, there are MIDI IN/OUT and headphones. That leaves three jacks on the right - two are TRS jacks for the stereo loop, which leaves one jack...since logic dictates it won't be an expression/FS jack (the other Helix units only have one), it can only be the Ext Amp out.

In which case...even though it's limited to six blocks, I'm thinkin' this could be a winner.
    I know this will be shot down in flames but I my opinion that doesn't look as good as the headrush in terms of use and practicality. 

I also find it interesting that those that were berating the Headrush for a lack of switches are swooning over this which has even less switches. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • so is this a modeller or not??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2194
    so is this a modeller or not??

yes
    edited October 4
    I know this will be shot down in flames but I my opinion that doesn't look as good as the headrush in terms of use and practicality. 

I also find it interesting that those that were berating the Headrush for a lack of switches are swooning over this which has even less switches. 
    It does have less switches by default, but you can add another two using the FS4/5 jack on the back. Five is just enough for me.

However, this is far too limiting for my needs as it turns out. Only three snapshots per preset, and it turns out that I need a minimum of 8 available blocks. And then the lack of Ext Amp output...I'm out, I'm afraid.

Great as a "get you out of the shit" unit in case of emergency, but not much use as the basis of a full-blown rig IMO.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 761
    edited October 4
    So Atomic start with a 3 button model, then launch a unit with 12 and a cut down version with 2 and then decide 6 is best.
    Headrush start with 12, then decide to launch a unit with 4.
    Line 6 start with 12, then launch a unit with 3 (and also an FX only version with 8 buttons in the meantime).

So if you need to choose between them, just decide in advance how many buttons you want:
    2 = Atomic Amplifire box
    3 = Line 6 HX Stomp
    4 = Headrush gigboard
    6 = Atomic Amplifire 6
    8 = Line 6 HX FX (athough you will need an amp too)
    12 = the choice is yours!

...and there's an obvious gap in the market for a 10 button new gen modeller.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    What's a "snapshot" in this context?

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 1825

Agree - I would have liked more switches (4 would have been good, 8 would have been lovely) but the reason I'm swooning is it's a Helix based thingy, so I know it will sound good and fit in a gig bag as a backup.  The Headrush looks good to me, but it's a faff on using two different platforms.

Suppose the reason it's so stripped down is if it had much more then it would practically be a LT in a smaller format which would have affected LT sales.  Looks great, but my ideal would have been something slightly bigger with more footswitches
    Do me a favour and like this:

https://www.facebook.com/MarkedCoversBand
    so is this a modeller or not??
    It certainly is

• Am interested as both a Full Fat and LT are too expensive for my usage but would need to know more about what it's capable of.. (and why others find it limiting...  what is an Ext Amp for?)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SporkySporky Frets: 14730
    Basically it's a sort of sub-preset.

So if you had a patch with a wah and an overdrive and a delay, a snapshot could recall a particular gain and level for the overdrive, while also changing the delay settings for an epic widdly solo, but it wouldn't do anything to the wah.

So you can recall any set of parameters for any of the blocks in the patch, and leave all the others unchanged.
    Parachutes are great, for dogs and Frenchmen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Am interested as both a Full Fat and LT are too expensive for my usage but would need to know more about what it's capable of.. (and why others find it limiting...  what is an Ext Amp for?)
    Ext Amp would be for switching channels on a guitar amp.
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 37
    preston61 said:
    Cabicular said:
    preston61 said:
    It also has a headphone output, something the HX is missing
    I’m not sure why you would have a headphone socket on an FX unit? Makes sense in a modeller though

Probably just me who needed it when I had the HX (I don't play in to an amp, just a mixing desk, so at home a headphone out would've been helpful)
    A Google image search for HX Stomp shows the headphone socket on the left side panel, beside the MIDI sockets!
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • Am interested as both a Full Fat and LT are too expensive for my usage but would need to know more about what it's capable of.. (and why others find it limiting...  what is an Ext Amp for?)
    Ext Amp would be for switching channels on a guitar amp.
    OK, I can understand why that would be omitted on a skinny modeller
    My trading feedback

Socket on the back labeled FS 4/5  If that does what I think it could I could happily gig with this

• John_A said:
    Socket on the back labeled FS 4/5  If that does what I think it could I could happily gig with this
    What do you think it does??
    My trading feedback

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 761
    John_A said:
    Hopefully it instantly transforms your playing into something that other people actually want to hear. If that's the case I'm in too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Sporky said:
    Basically it's a sort of sub-preset.

So if you had a patch with a wah and an overdrive and a delay, a snapshot could recall a particular gain and level for the overdrive, while also changing the delay settings for an epic widdly solo, but it wouldn't do anything to the wah.

So you can recall any set of parameters for any of the blocks in the patch, and leave all the others unchanged.
    Cool thanks. 

I sort of do that with my POD HD already. Create a patch and copy it on four pedals ABCD, then tweak each one so there are four variants. 

John_A said:
    Im hoping that all footswitches (1-5 including the 2 external ones) are assignable, so my core patch would be clean, crunch, dirty, lead with FS 4 for delay on/off, that would get me through 90% of a gig and then a few patches for the songs that need something different.  At a push I'd get through a gig on a single patch  

• TrudeTrude Frets: 329
    Did anyone else notice the 3A power requirement? That's going to make it a pain to integrate into a pedalboard.
    Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I'm playing bass at the mo, and my LT is overkill for it and the guitar player is now using it. I can get by with a zoom b3n, but I'm interested in this now. Whether it's worth the extra expense is another thing. Shame there is no XLR out... Missed a trick there.
  • If it will do "clean" -> "Heavy crunch" -> soaring lead.. I'm definitely interested... 

although I'm not into FRFR, it doesn't appeal; so it'd be Baby bomb into a Cab...  unless i fancy a PowerCab..

wonder if it will use IR's too??
    My trading feedback

If it will do "clean" -> "Heavy crunch" -> soaring lead.. I'm definitely interested... 

although I'm not into FRFR, it doesn't appeal; so it'd be Baby bomb into a Cab...  unless i fancy a PowerCab..

wonder if it will use IR's too??
    Pretty sure the original link said it supported IR's, but if you are using a Baby bomb into a Cab then surely you wouldn't need them