Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A star is Born

What's Hot
Saw this today.  Gets a bit slushy but overall quite good.  Bradley (possibly pretend) plays a nice Olive Green ES 345.  Great Emmy award scene that I wont spoil.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    Barbera Streisand and Kris Kristofferson were great in the original.............why remake it
    Also ,he had a red Ferrari Daytona ...........one of the coolest cars ever
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    Barbera Streisand and Kris Kristofferson were great in the original.............why remake it
    Bradley would be too pissed to drive a red ferrari in this one i confess.  I guess they would argue its a 21st century update with a bit of you tube thrown in.  Gaga can certainly sing
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 880
    edited October 2018
    Intrigued to see this. Cooper did at an actual live set at Coachella with The Promise of the Real. Jason Isbell wrote some of the original songs which can only be a good thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Intrigued to see this. Cooper did at an actual live set at Coachella with The Promise of the Real. Jason Isbell wrote some of the original songs which can only be a good thing.
    his tracks are good actually
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2959
    Just a note that the Kristofersson/Streisand version was a remake and the current version is actually the third remake of the original. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Star_Is_Born_(1937_film)

I might go and see the current version as it seems to be getting good reviews but the Neil Armstong and Queen films are also due releases in October.  Like waiting for a bus....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    Saw it last night. As I wrote in the ‘What films have you watched recently?’ thread, that’s two hours of my life I’m never going to get back.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Dominic said:
    Supposedly Elvis was asked to be in that third version but his manager turned it down on the basis Presley wouldn’t have the top billing so Kristofferson was offered the part. 
    I’ve not watched any of the four and not intending to, although when the Gaga version is on Netflix I can imagine a member of the Weary family suggesting it with a Friday night take away. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Shrews said:

I might go and see the current version as it seems to be getting good reviews but the Neil Armstong and Queen films are also due releases in October.  Like waiting for a bus....
    Historical biopic, musical biopic, Lady Gaga in a third version of a film... 

So all this original content on streaming services yet Hollywood seems rather dull. 

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Dominic said:

I'll just leave this here -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    The Bradley Cooper remake is supposed to be really good. I confess I thought lady gaga was going to be terrible in American horror story hotel and she was actually really good.
    Not sure if I'll watch "a star is born" at the cinema, not really my type of film. Of course if the other half wants to go, then off we go.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    Off to watch the film tonight with oh.
    Will let you know what I think
  • rolls1392 said:
    Off to watch the film tonight with oh.
    Will let you know what I think
    Enjoy.  Dont blub at the end tho, at least not in front of anyone....
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    edited October 2018
    Yep, enjoyed the film. No blubbing.
    Love his guitar
    As an aside they showed a trailer for the Queen film and it looks really good.
  • rolls1392 said:
    Yep, enjoyed the film. No blubbing.
    Love his guitar
    As an aside they showed a trailer for the Queen film and it looks really good.
    Glad you did.   Yea the queen movie looks great.  I grew up loving them so looking forward to it
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Also 1954 with Judy Garland and James Mason - now that's a cast!
  • Saw it last night and very much enjoyed.
    The concert scenes, which are usually a weak point in films, were very convincing. Bradley Cooper is believable as a rock star who is still on the road. GaGa is probably the star of the show which was generous of Cooper's direction.
    The quality of the song writing is what makes it work. It could so easily have gone wrong.

It definitely fits the template of a romance but has plenty of other stuff in there as well  
  • Saw it tonight. Blubbed. Lots.

Mainly at Cornell references, which I'm sure were deliberate. 

Great film, great songs, great actors. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Awesome movie
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Excellent film. Definitely worth another watch.
  • I'm looking forward to watching this, mainly because of Lukas Nelson being in there. 
    As an aside my sons friend is playing Roger Taylor in the new film. Nice lad was a decent rugby player as well.