Khabib v McGregor

What's Hot

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Wow! Khabib beat McGregor his feet and on the ground. The aftermath was a marketing dream for UFC. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
    I don't watch this stuff, but I hear that (amongst the post fight carnage) one of Khabib's team took a slug at McGregor. That is totally shameful.

Khabib wasted his moment of glory. Strange choice.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22684
    axisus said:
    I don't watch this stuff, but I hear that (amongst the post fight carnage) one of Khabib's team took a slug at McGregor. That is totally shameful.

Khabib wasted his moment of glory. Strange choice.
    I'm also not a follower of the sport, but listening to the news coverage this morning and all the talk about the scuffles in the aftermath, Khabib not receiving his belt in the ring, Khabib possibly being stripped of his title, etc.... it all sounds a bit staged. 

A bit WWE, in fact. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    They definitely take a marketing cue from WWE, no doubt. But the athletes and action is 100% real as is much of the bad blood. 

Khabib is a huge badass. Where McGregor bought a team of thugs to New York and attacked a bus, he smashed McGregor for four rounds and tapped him out, then threw his gumshield down and literally jumped into McGregor's team single handed. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4664
    Regardless of the stuff afterwards McGregor got his arse handed to him.Khabib was very good and totally deserved the win. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    edited October 2018
    Khabib humped him 3 rounds straight and it was glorious. McGregor was made to look a bitch.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33779
    Regardless of the stuff afterwards McGregor got his arse handed to him.Khabib was very good and totally deserved the win. 
    And his post match antics were a disgrace and he deserves to have it stripped.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • All shite carnival nonsense...

This was the best moment by a country mile! 

"Derrick, why did you take your shorts off?"

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Just tryna learn the guy and his team some respect - if you bully people, that's what happens.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Or double the prize money and give him a knighthood.
    FWIW, I don’t like Macgregor, I’m glad he had his ass handed to him.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4975
    Does anyone actually believe this stuff? I mean it all looks so staged. Pay two guys a serious amount of money to brawl in a ring, hype it up no end, pay per view TV and to cap it off, ensure that it needs a rematch to 'settle' the issue. Whatever the issue is....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Rocker said:
    Does anyone actually believe this stuff? I mean it all looks so staged. Pay two guys a serious amount of money to brawl in a ring, hype it up no end, pay per view TV and to cap it off, ensure that it needs a rematch to 'settle' the issue. Whatever the issue is....
    You are confusing American wrestling with MMA.
    edited October 2018
    Rocker said:
    Certainly the case for a lot of boxing e.g. McGregor vs Mayweather
  • Rocker said:
    It wasn't PPV here, it was on BT sport.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    edited October 2018
    I don’t think I can respect anyone who has their own surname tattooed on themselves. Are they that forgetful?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4995
    octatonic said:
    I don’t think I can respect anyone who has their own surname tattooed on them. Are they that forgetful.
    I'd imagine getting hit a lot could easily lead to amnesia.  A simple lanyard with ID card would suffice though. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As for someone who claims that he's learned from a fight with Mayweather so much - Conor presented (still) poor endurance and his boxing hasn't improved that much. Khabib actually (3rd round) stood in front of him and exchanged. Crazy. 

The aftermath - not sure about staged - Khabib's team jumping into the octagon didn't look like an act.

Talk shit about guy's family, religion, country...call him a lying rat hundred times- this is what you get. Albeit ugly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Are we taking smack talk seriously now?
    Christ almighty.