Khabib v McGregor

What's Hot

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Connor made Khabib a lot of money. All trash talk leads to higher PPV sales. Aftermath was poor form.  When Connor loses he is fairly humble. When he wins he is pretty humble too....sometimes. When he knocked out Aldo he was genuinely disappointed for his opponent.

Can't see Connor wanting a rematch as he was resoundly beaten and he doesn't have the chops to beat someone like Khabib.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    As for someone who claims that he's learned from a fight with Mayweather so much - Conor presented (still) poor endurance and his boxing hasn't improved that much. Khabib actually (3rd round) stood in front of him and exchanged. Crazy. 

The aftermath - not sure about staged - Khabib's team jumping into the octagon didn't look like an act.

Talk shit about guy's family, religion, country...call him a lying rat hundred times- this is what you get. Albeit ugly.
    Khabib was pretty charged even after he got the tap out. Guess that’s what happened when your family and religious beliefs and slandered by an Irish Jakie. Not so sure about it being staged, everyone was pretty on edge. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    edited October 2018
    Not a fan of MMA - just tried to watch it. Grabbling bores the shit out of me - they just look like a pair of repressed homosexuals hugging each other and entangling legs. =) (No I wouldn’t tell them that to their faces!).

I’m sure it’s very skillfull and technical but it offers nothing to this spectator!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited October 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    Not a fan of MMA - just tried to watch it. Grabbling bores the shit out of me - they just look like a pair of repressed homosexuals hugging each other and entangling legs. (No I wouldn’t tell them that to their faces!).

I’m sure it’s very skillfull and technical but it offers nothing to this spectator!
    Fair enough, it's VERY nuanced & not easy to appreciate on TV. Often the aim is to tire your opponent, much like leaning & pulling in the clinch in boxing. 

I've trained BJJ & wrestling for years so I love watching the grappling, I've been enjoying the Judo this weekend too. 

I refuse to watch football because their behaviour bores me- there's no one sport that everyone likes. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Iamnobody said:
    Not a fan of MMA - just tried to watch it. Grabbling bores the shit out of me - they just look like a pair of repressed homosexuals hugging each other and entangling legs. =) (No I wouldn’t tell them that to their faces!).

Fair enough, it's VERY nuanced & not easy to appreciate on TV. Often the aim is to tire your opponent, much like leaning & pulling in the clinch in boxing. 

I've trained BJJ & wrestling for years so I love watching the grappling, I've been enjoying the Judo this weekend too. 
    I ended up doing some groundwork once at a fitness/self defence course. I found it very uncomfortable having a fat sweaty mans legs wrapped around me! We were clearly a mismatch...

I do appreciate boxing and karate more.

I get the nuanced bit. It looks like one wrong movein the grapple, and it’s probably all over. Like a physical game of chess maybe?
  • Iamnobody said:
    Iamnobody said:

I ended up doing some groundwork once at a fitness/self defence course. I found it very uncomfortable having a fat sweaty mans legs wrapped around me! We were clearly a mismatch...

I do appreciate boxing and karate more.

I get the nuanced bit. It looks like one wrong movein the grapple, and it’s probably all over. Like a physical game of chess maybe?
    Exactly. Did he move that hand/pawn for a reason? Is it a prelude to an attack or a feint? It's a nightmare grappling with someone who really knows what they're doing- every movement could lead to you getting choked/submitted. 
    I enjoy it for exactly that reason- you really live in the moment! When I'm out running I think about all sorts of things, not when I'm rolling! 
  • Plenty of new vidoes emerge on the internet.

From one angle it looks like once khabib jumped out the octagon to attach McGregor's coach, Conor tried to go after him, but was held back by security. Then he started swinging at khabib's team - which resulted in the rest of them jumping in to attack McGregor. 
    Ugly. Shame, as Nurmagomedov was spectacular at times, and the whole incident will overshadow this performance.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited October 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    Not a fan of MMA - just tried to watch it. Grabbling bores the shit out of me - they just look like a pair of repressed homosexuals hugging each other and entangling legs.
    Did you actually just say that? That's how a "repressed homosexual" behaves?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    As for someone who claims that he's learned from a fight with Mayweather so much - Conor presented (still) poor endurance and his boxing hasn't improved that much. Khabib actually (3rd round) stood in front of him and exchanged. Crazy. 

The aftermath - not sure about staged - Khabib's team jumping into the octagon didn't look like an act.

Talk shit about guy's family, religion, country...call him a lying rat hundred times- this is what you get. Albeit ugly.
    I'm still pretty convinced there was an agreement for mayweather to carry mcgregor for an agreed length of time. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    edited October 2018
    It's pretty moronic on all levels.  All fighting is IMO.  Neanderthals beating lumps out of each other FFS.  I don't understand anyone getting pleasure from watching that unless they're blood-thirsty knuckledraggers or somewhere on the scale between normal and that.

Definitely repressed homosexual behaviour too IMO.  I bet they secretly have a tug thinking of the other one tonight.

kissing_blush 

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    BBBlues said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Not a fan of MMA - just tried to watch it. Grabbling bores the shit out of me - they just look like a pair of repressed homosexuals hugging each other and entangling legs.
    It was a joke - take it or leave it. And yes I did just type that - you know I did.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    BBBlues said:
    Iamnobody said:
    It was a joke - take it or leave it. And yes I did just type that - you know I did.
    Well I’ll leave it you complete homophobic tosser  :p
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    Iamnobody said:
    BBBlues said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Well I’ll leave it you complete homophobic tosser  p
    Sigh. If making a joke about two men who are otherwise in straight relationships seemingly looking like they were enjoying a clinch and cuddle when they are supposed to be Fighting each other makes me a homophobic then ok, guilty as charged. In other worlds where everyone isn’t so easily offended I can assure I’m not homophobic.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    I don’t think I can respect anyone who has their own surname tattooed on themselves. Are they that forgetful?
    As a ref I can say that it helps remembering who's who in the middle of the fight.  It can get a bit confusing. 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Iamnobody said:

Joe Rogan is excellent at explaining what is happening on the floor to the uninitiated, try listening to a few of his commentaries on the likes of Demian Maia or Rafael Dos Anjos.

I've been rolling BJJ for a few months and love it, although ImI still a clueless White Belt who gets tapped all the time. It has given me a huge appreciation of the ground game. I used to box in my teens and 20s so loved the stand up and but nowadays give me a ground scrap any day. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    edited October 2018
    Just back from BJJ training tonight , reckon I’m gonna struggle to walk tomorrow. 

@Fuengi happless white belt here too, it’s fun though. I’m a black belt at tapping I reckon. 
    grungebob said:
    Just back from BJJ training tonight , reckon I’m gonna struggle to walk tomorrow. 

@Fuengi happless white belt here too, it’s fun though. I’m a black belt at tapping I reckon. 
    Sunday night! You are keen!

I had a two and a half hour seminar with (British BJJ Champ) Jamie Hughes yesterday in Havant, he taught us the Williams Guard and a variety of attacks off it. Absolutely brilliant but I'm still feeling it tonight.

Yoga for BJJ tomorrow morning methinks! 
  • Fuengi said:
    grungebob said:

I had a two and a half hour seminar with (British BJJ Champ) Jamie Hughes yesterday in Havant, he taught us the Williams Guard and a variety of attacks off it. Absolutely brilliant but I'm still feeling it tonight.

Yoga for BJJ is awesome. I do it every day-even if it’s just the 10 in 10 session. It’s made a huge difference to how quickly I recover after a session. 
    Fuengi said:
    grungebob said:

Yoga for BJJ is awesome. I do it every day-even if it’s just the 10 in 10 session. It’s made a huge difference to how quickly I recover after a session. 
    Totally agree. My movement has improved hugely and I've avoided injuries since starting it. Enjoy the yoga as much as the BJJ now. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    edited October 2018
    I’ll have to check that out.  Couple of weeks back we had the Daniel Strauss guilotene seminar, throat hurt for days afterwards. That dude is ridiculously strong and when he put it on me, my word the world went black quick. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom