Tremolo with ducking

victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1013
I'm pretty sure that nothing exists, but has anyone ever seen a Tremolo pedal or rack unit that has a ducking feature, so that it plays like the bias trem on the old tweed tremoluxes?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cLepto-basscLepto-bass Frets: 13
    edited October 2018
    I am not familiar with the Tremoluxe but by ducking do you mean reacting to picking/attack dynamics? 
  • Yes, pretty much. The Clapton Twinolux does the same thing, whereby if you play some notes the tremolo disappears, but then immediately comes back in when you stop.
  • Sounds similar to the envelop depth/rate feature on the EHX Supler Pulsar to me. As it happens I have one of those to sell if you are interest.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    TC 2290
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26952
    Iirc the various line 6 products do it - M series and various iterations of Helix. Might be overkill but potentially useful if you’d use multiple other fx
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    I am not familiar with the Tremoluxe but by ducking do you mean reacting to picking/attack dynamics? 
    With a bias trem, when the amp is overdriven the tremolo disappears, then fades in as the note decays back to clean.

You get something of the same effect if you put a tremolo pedal before an overdrive pedal or an overdriven amp, although not quite because you still hear the gain being affected even if the output level isn't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Both the TC2290 and the Line 6 multi effects would be overkill to be honest.
  • As @cLepto-bass mentioned the ehx super pulsar would be the obvious choice, also have a look at the pigtonix tremvelope
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1013
    edited October 2018
    I'm looking at the Super Pulsar now. It looks very nifty indeed...
  • Eventide Eclipse could do that.
  • peachespeaches Frets: 45
    Spaceman Voyager is a gorgeous trem that does just this! 
  • I'm looking at the Super Pulsar now. It looks very nifty indeed...
    PM me if you fancy chatting about a deal.