Montserrat Caballé

ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45769808

I feel slightly odd now - I was listening to Barcelona for the first time in ages literally yesterday, and thinking what a beautiful voice she had. I'm not normally a big fan of female operatic singing but she had something both very perfect and a bit more natural-sounding than most.

RIP

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    What a song that is.  Two of the very best singers together and an amazing track.  Epic stuff.

My Mum used to blast it through the house when I was growing up. Good times
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    joeyowen said:
    What a song that is.  Two of the very best singers together and an amazing track.  Epic stuff.
    She was also not a music snob - as some classical musicians unfortunately can be - and loved working with Freddie. I'm sure she'd be happy that that song is what she will now be most remembered for.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein