Bob Welch

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
edited October 2018 in Music
I am on a fascinating journey of Fleetwood Mac discovery at the moment, starting from the very beginning

What are my FB friends thoughts on Bob Welch and that 5 album period ( with Bob Welch) of FM prior tae them going mega?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Mystery To Me is one of my favourite Mac albums. Thing about Welch is (was) he was good, but a bit of a one trick pony. Some of his playing I love, but some of his songwriting is quite bland. And his voice can get get a bit tiresome after a while. I think he hit some real high points, but wasn’t consistent. 
    Avoid Penguin - a travesty of an album. (Which I stupidly spent a pretty buck on as an import as it wasn’t readily available at the time.) Yay! Well done me!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    cheers Ac :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    AlexC said:
    Avoid Penguin - a travesty of an album. (Which I stupidly spent a pretty buck on as an import as it wasn’t readily available at the time.) Yay! Well done me!
    My father still has a copy of that on some late Seventies Mid Price re-issue. He played it once. I heard a fragment of it. I never asked to borrow it.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.