NBAD - Ashdown content

What's Hot
LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
edited October 2018 in Amps

Thanks to the ever knowledgeable / crack dealing enabler in chief* @Bridgehouse , I am now the proud owner of the above Ashdown ABM 300 1x15. 

Jees it's ballsy and full of thump! Look forward to taking this somewhere I can let it roar! 

*delete as applicable 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Knowing what you paid, naysayers aside, it’s a lot of amp for the money you paid ;)

There’s one of them in one of the rehearsal rooms I use from time to time and it’s more than capable of doing it’s thing. 
  • I think karnivool used ashdown for a long time and can't argue with that bass tone. Super under rated brand imo
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72301
    They do actually sound good.

And at least if you got it cheap you can afford to replace the speaker when it blows :).

Ashdown blue cone speaker out of one of these on the right, proper speaker on the left...

I have replaced quite a few of them - I just use whichever 8-ohm Celestion or Eminence rated for at least 300W Lean Business are doing cheap that week.

It's also worth putting a piece of dense foam rubber under the power amp board to stop it vibrating with the weight of the heatsinks - that will stop a lot of the solder joint cracking problems. Be careful not to touch the heatsinks with the amp powered up - they operate at a high enough DC voltage to give you a nasty surprise!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Funnily enough at rehearsal tonight I was playing into the rehearsal rooms Ashdown 300... into an 8x10.. it sounded rather epic.

Oh, and I played the fretless all rehearsal and got away with it. Crikey.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059

That’s brave of you, but then, once bitten it’s hard to revert to fretted. Do you have markers for each fret? Without them I doubt I’d risk playing against other instruments atm.
    JezWynd said:

That’s brave of you, but then, once bitten it’s hard to revert to fretted. Do you have markers for each fret? Without them I doubt I’d risk playing against other instruments atm.
    Lines on the edges of the board - which means I’m semi cheating, but it isn’t fully lined tho
  • These are killer amps, and selling for silly money second hand. Love the contour button, the EQ curve works so well on either a P bass or a Rick 4001. I bought an EVO 2x12 a few years ago, and found an EVO II 2x12 for even cheaper - having two amps (one for gigging, one at the rehearsal room) solves the problem of lugging them around, and still cheaper than buying a head and cab...!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom